Whole Lotta Link Love In 2012: Our Best Link Building Posts Of The Year
Link building certainly was a hot topic in 2012 – maybe it’s because Penguins are so gosh darn cute that we just can’t help ourselves, right?
Outside of the penalties dished out by cute black and white animals and search engine algorithms alike, our team of veteran link builders kept doling out solid advice for search marketers.
Whether you need a fresh start on link building in 2013 or are just looking for a few new ideas and sparks of inspiration, take a look at some of the tips and observations shared in the wildly popular posts listed below.
All you need to know about link building is printed clearly in black and white.
Our Most Read Link Building Posts Of 2012
- 50+ Things Every Link Builder Needs To Know - Julie Joyce
- Can There Really Be 85 Types Of Unnatural Links? - Eric Ward
- How To Creatively & Effectively Build Links Using Public Data – David De Souza
- What 65 Google Changes May Mean For Your Link Strategies – Eric Ward
- How Pandas & Penguins Change Your Link Building Strategy – Erin Everhart
- 5 Ways To Get The Best Links For New Websites – Erin Everhart
- How To Remove Your Unnatural Inbound Links – Erin Everhart
- 8 Tips To Increase Your Link Building Efficiency - Erin Everhart**
- Linking Strategies For Google Plus Your World – Eric Ward
- How To Find Link Prospects Without Using Google – Erin Everhart
- Signs Of Linking Over-Optimization – Eric Ward
- Why A Diverse Link Profile Is More Critical Than Ever – Julie Joyce
- Must-Have Browser Tools For Link Builders – Eric Ward
- How To Conduct A Link Audit – Julie Joyce
- Why Link Builders Need To Do More Than Just Build Links – Julie Joyce
- Infographics: Why They Fail For Link Building – Erin Everhart
- Understanding Ranking Lag Time For New Links – Eric Ward
- Five Linking Myths That Need To Go Away In 2013 – Eric Ward
- The Unbearable Torture Of Linking – Eric Ward
- Link Building Tool Review: Link Prospector – Debra Mastaler
- Link Building Tool Review: Ontolo – Debra Mastaler
- Link Building Tool Review: Ahrefs – Julie Joyce
- When The Going Gets Tough, The Links Get Blamed – Julie Joyce
- The Domino Effect Of Links & Relationships – Julie Joyce
- Link Building Tool Review: WordTracker Link Builder – Debra Mastaler
- The Unintended Consequences Of Link Removal – Eric Ward
[Updated] Editors Note: One of Erin Everhart’s posts actually came in at #8 but was inadvertently left off the initial roundup, now added as a bonus!
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.