Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Yahoo Announces SearchMonkey Developer Challenge Winners
Yahoo has announced the winners of the SearchMonkey Developer Challenge. The judges, including our very own Danny Sullivan, reviewed “hundreds of submissions” and selected five winners. The winners include:
- StumbleUpon for building the SU Infobar that shows you “website reviews and ratings” before you click on the search results in Yahoo. This tool received the win for best “Innovative Structured Data” use.
- The “Best Infobar” goes to BooRah for an app that “deep links and reviews to local restaurants.”
- The “Best Enhanced Result” winner is Greg Schechter for building XBox.com Games Enhancement result.
- The “Best Data Service” goes to David Hinckley, who designed a web service to help developers make their own SearchMonkey apps.
- The Grand Prize goes to Marco Vitanza for the Blogspot Infobar that “displays links to recent posts for all Blogspot search results.” He won the $10,000 award.