The Yahoo Search Blog announced they have transitioned much of their Asian algorithmic search to be powered by Bing with the exception of Korea.
Specifically, Asian Yahoo search users in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam will now get Bing powered results. In addition, they also migrated over more European countries such as Greece, Poland, Romania, Switzerland (German, French and Italian languages) and Turkey. In addition to the transition of Yahoo UK to Bing back in August, which included Yahoo UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
Yahoo also said Austria, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Russia, the Netherlands, Sweden, plus several countries in MENA (in Arabic language) have been moved over and of course all the previous announcements.
There is no word on the paid search aspect of these new countries as of yet.
Remember, Yahoo transitioned to both Bing powered organic and paid results in the US a while back.
- Yahoo UK & Others Switching To Bing Organic Results August 3rd
- Yahoo Begins Testing Bing Powered Results This Month
- Yahoo Search Advertisers Can Now Begin To Migrate Accounts To Microsoft adCenter
- Yahoo-Microsoft Organic Transition Happening, Site Explorer, Search Monkey Holding For Now
- What’s New With Bing & Yahoo Search Alliance
- Official: Yahoo’s Results Now Come From Bing