Yahoo Maps Now With Better Search Integration & New Features
Yahoo announced that they have added some features to Yahoo Maps. The main improvements include better local search integration, usability enhancements, and printable view changes.
Here is the full list of features:
- Improved Local Search integration that utilizes the Search/Direct Display Index
- More user-friendly Driving Directions – a more user-friendly left rail that’s both wider and more legible (larger text), for easier reading of driving directions
- A redesigned Print Page
- The ability to minimize multiple driving direction instructions to save vertical space
- The ability to display inline turn-by-turn images for each driving direction segment
- An Interactive Print Page Map
- Users can now select from a variety map views (full route, full route + finish, full route + start + finish)
- Drag/Pan/zoom functionality for print page maps
- Interactivity between Points of Interest (POIs) and Map view; minimized POIs are removed from the map view
- Improved POIs – with ability to minimize/collapse multiple POIS to maximize viewing area
Hat tip to Michael Blumenthal for spotting this post.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the latest news in local search marketing each week.