Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Yahoo UK & Others Switching To Bing Organic Results August 3rd
Yahoo has sent out an update stating they are migrating the organic results for Yahoo’s European properties to Bing’s search index this Wednesday, August 3, 2011.
The organic search on Yahoo UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy will begin transitioning over to Bing powered results this Wednesday.
Yahoo has not yet and will not yet transition over the paid search ads. Those will remain as is on Yahoo UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. The organic results are the only things transitioning over on Yahoo UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
Yahoo completed their transition on the US property back in August 2010.
To prepare, Yahoo says:
- Compare your organic search rankings on Yahoo! Search and Bing for the keywords that drive your business, help determine any potential impact to your traffic and sales
- Decide if you’d like to modify your paid search campaigns to compensate for any changes in organic referrals that you anticipate
- Review the Bing webmaster tools and optimise your website for the Bing crawler, to help ensure your site is prominently listed in both Yahoo! and Bing organic search results.
Postscript: Microsoft posted their official blog post on this on August 3rd, the day of the switch over.
- Yahoo Begins Testing Bing Powered Results This Month
- Yahoo Search Advertisers Can Now Begin To Migrate Accounts To Microsoft adCenter
- Yahoo-Microsoft Organic Transition Happening, Site Explorer, Search Monkey Holding For Now
- What’s New With Bing & Yahoo Search Alliance
- Official: Yahoo’s Results Now Come From Bing