Yahoo’s CEO, Carol Bartz, Always Having To Defend Herself
Yahoo Chief Defends Her Site, Strategy from the Wall Street Journal is one of the latest in an ongoing pattern of Yahoo’s CEO constantly having to defend herself to investors, reports and users.
- Bartz: “Google Is 90% Search, That’s A Fact” – Except It’s Not
- Yahoo’s Bartz Takes In $47 Million, Yang Gets One Dollar
- Revisionist History: Bartz Claims Yahoo Was Never A Search Engine
- Bartz Continues Torpedoing Yahoo Search
- Yahoo Q4 Shows Operating Loss; CEO Bartz: ‘This Is Not A Company That Needs To Be Pulled Apart And Left For The Chickens’
- A Year Later, Yahoo’s CEO Gives Herself A B-Minus
Those are just some of the titles I pulled from our archive. And if you read through this investor conference, it is defense after defense. Of course, investors ask questions and CEOs have to give answers. But it seems, to me at least, that maybe she is being too defensive.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.