Advisory Board & Judges
As part of our ongoing commitment to the highest editorial standards, our awards program proudly upholds the strictest submission criteria in the industry. Our scoring process is weighted objectively to avoid bias and places an emphasis on verifiable results, innovation and best practices.
Only the Search Engine Land editorial staff (and independent contractors of our parent company) are responsible for the primary task of reviewing and scoring all of the campaign focused categories, in conjunction with representatives from Google and Bing, adhering to strict confidentiality standards in order to maintain privacy of sensitive data.
Agency employees and individual consultants do not review or judge other agency work. Ever.
Our trusted partner organization (Clutch.co) oversees the independent review, client verification and judging of the Agency of the Year categories, following our scoring protocol. The editorial team is not involved in selecting the finalists or winners of these categories.
Finally, sponsorship of the Search Engine Land Awards program or related SMX conference activities does not impact the outcome of the competition.
2018 Advisory Board & Judges
- Michelle Robbins, Editor in Chief, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Chris Sherman, Founding Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Ginny Marvin, Associate Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Elisabeth Osmeloski, VP Brand Marketing & Experience, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Pamela Parker, Executive Features Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Jessica Thompson, Features Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Greg Sterling, Contributing Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Barry Schwartz, News Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Amy Gesenhues, General Assignment Reporter, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Brad Geddes, Adwords Workshop presenter, Search Marketing Expo
- Debra Mastaler, Boot Camp instructor, Search Marketing Expo
- Matt Van Wagner, Paid Search session coordinator, Search Marketing Expo
2017 Industry Guest Judges
- Sean Quadlin, Marketing Manager, Best Practices at Google AdWords
- Eric Couch, Product Marketing Manager, Google AdWords
- Christi Olson, Head of Evangelism for Search at Microsoft
- John Lee, Senior Manager Client Training & Development, Bing Ads at Microsoft
- Fabrice Canel, Lead Dev at Bing Webmaster Tools
- David Kline, SEO Lead for Bing Ads
- Tim Clarke, Clutch.co
- Ilse Heine, Clutch.co
- Jessica Bowman, SEOinhouse.com
- Michael Stebbins, OMCP.org
- Jennifer Lopez, Piston Agency
- Eric Enge, Stone Temple
- Larry Kim, Wordstream
Exciting news! The 4th annual awards ceremony & celebration will be held in Seattle, WA during SMX Advanced and the entire industry is invited...
Last week’s awards gala not only celebrated the winners in each category, but also was an evening of celebration for all finalists in...
Here's the full list of winners from last night's third annual awards event, sponsored by Google, Acronym Media and Stone Temple....
For the third consecutive year, the selection process in the Search Engine Land Awards became even more difficult, as the field of competition...
Today is your lucky day! The deadline for entries in the Search Engine Land Awards competition has been extended until Friday, August 4th at...
There are just a few days left to be recognized as one of the best in search! Do you think you produce award winning SEO & SEM campaigns? If...
Find out why you should be entering the competition to earn recognition for your achievements in SEO and SEM. The Search Engine Land Awards are...
The early bird submission deadline of July 14th for the 3rd annual Search Engine Land Awards is fast approaching - get your case studies and...
The 3rd annual competition for the highest honors in search marketing is now open for entries! Entry period closes July 31, 2017. Get started...
Meet a Landy Award winner: Wolfgang Digital wins Best SEM Initiative after raising McElhinneys revenue 266%
Ireland's McElhinneys Department Store turned to Wolfgang Digital to help boost their online revenue and generate more international sales....
Meet a Landy Award winner: For its work with Scotts Miracle-Gro, Acronym wins Best Overall Enterprise SEM Initiative
Acronym won the Landy Award for Best Overall Enterprise SEM...
Meet a Landy Award winner: Wolfgang Digital integrates search and TV into a cross-channel campaign for a big Irish retailer
The result for Littlewoods Ireland: the most successful Christmas campaign...
Meet a Landy Award winner: Noble Studios drives traffic to Tahoe South to win Best SEO Initiative for Small Business
Noble Studios introduced a new approach to blogging and content creation for Tahoe South that resulted in a 134% increase in mobile site...
Meet a Landy Award winner: For its work with Lane Bryant, Razorfish wins Best Mobile SEM & Best Retail SEM Initiatives
Razorfish didn't miss a beat when shifting to a mobile-first, omnichannel strategy for the retail clothing...
To reverse a double-digit decline in online revenue, Edelman was charged with overhauling a client's entire search...