Bing previews new Bing Search APIs
Bing adds tons of features to their Bing Search APIs, which now are REST APIs.
Bing announced they are giving developers a preview of the new Bing Search APIs, version 5. The new APIs expose a lot more functionality for developers within the Bing Search infrastructure. The features include:
- search across hundreds of billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results;
- autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites;
- assistive services such as spell-check and adult intent signal;
- access to trending topics including news, images and videos; and
- ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style and price.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of what is available in the current API and what is now available in the new one:
The new APIs are REST APIs, which many developers prefer over the old format.
To join the preview, email Microsoft at firstname.lastname@example.org.