Download The Latest Google Search Quality Rating Guidelines
Pot Pie Girl found a copy of the March 30, 2011 version 3.18 of the Google Search Quality Rating Guidelines handbook used by Google Search Quality Raters around the world. It’s 125 page long, and you can find it linked off their post here.
We’d had it posted earlier ourselves, but Google said that it was a copyrighted document, and since he hadn’t done any fair use work with it (such as excerpting it), so that we needed to remove it from our site or we’d get a formal legal request. So head to Pot Pie Girl if you want it, for as long as it’s there.
Clearly, there are a lot of good tips on what Google considers to be quality versus not quality. What you can learn from documents like this is how Google classifies types of content and pages.
Understanding how Google quality raters are trained and how they work can be useful for all SEOs.
Hat tip to E Brundige.
- The Google Quality Raters Handbook
- Google & Human Quality Reviews: Old News Returns
- The Human Side To Google: Search Evaluations
- Google: We’re Better Now Than 2000. Okay, Let Us Test It!
- How The “Focus On First” Helps Hide Google’s Relevancy Problems