Google Adds Automatic Authorship With Google+ Sign In
Google announced an even easier way to get your picture into the Google search results by adding automatic author attribution through Google+ signin.
Google has integrated Google+ Sign-In with Google’s authorship program. Now if you sign in to WordPress.com with Google, the articles you publish with that sign in will now be associated with your Google+ profile automatically.
That means, Google may more easily show your Google+ profile image in the rich snippet search results.
Google launched this today with a limited number of beta programs including WordPress and Typepad. Google said it also works on other sites including About.com, WikiHow, and Examiner. Eventually, Google may increase support for this in the future.
Google also introduced embedded Google+ posts, you can read more about that on our sister site Marketing Land.
- Google Provides FAQ About Authorship, From Blocking To No Mascots
- Is Google Authorship Affecting Rankings Today?
- Google: Authorship Bug Affects “Very Few Sites,” Actively Working On A Fix
- Advanced Authorship: The Deep Dive
- Google Authorship Beyond Webpages
- Google’s Matt Cutts: Web Spam Benefits From Using Rel=”Author”
- Google Continues To Experiment & Expand Authorship