Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google’s Charlie Chaplin Silent Film Video Logo
Charlie Chaplin’s 122nd birthday is tomorrow, April 16th, and to remember one of the most famous actors during the silent film era, Google has a special logo for him. The logo is actually a very creative video, that incorporates the Google logo with a remake of his silent films.
Chaplin was born on April16, 1889 in Walworth, London and died at the age of 88 on December 25, 1977 in Switzerland. He was best known for his silent comedy movies in the early 1900s. You can learn more about his life at Wikipedia.
The movie Google recreated is a must watch, here it is:
Google’s description of this video reads, “The Google Doodle team stars in an homage to the silent film era’s greatest star’s 122nd birthday. Full disclosure: none of the mustaches in the video are real.”
Here is a still image from one of the frames of the video:
- The Harry Houdini Google Logo
- Google Logo & “Pegwoman” Celebrate 100th Anniversary Of International Women’s Day
- Google Logo Changes As You Type
- Behind The Scenes With Google’s Logo Doodlers At SXSW
- Will Eisner Google Logo
- A Google Logo For Your Birthday
- The Flintstones Google Logo: Yabba-Dabba Do!
- Thomas Edison’s 164th Birthday Celebrated With Google Logo
- St. Patrick’s Day Logo Not On Google.com