Google’s Matt Cutts: Don’t Worry About An SEO Down Side To Responsive Design, There Is None
In a video released today by Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, he said you don’t have to worry about there being a down side, related to SEO, when using a responsive design approach for mobile web sites.
The question posed to him was:
Is there an SEO disadvantage to using responsive design instead of separate mobile URLs?
The answer is no, in fact, there is no duplication of efforts when it comes to linking and PageRank, which does have a benefit when compared to using separate mobile URLs.
Here is the video:
For more on mobile SEO topics, see the stories below:
- Google Finally Takes A Clear Stance On Mobile SEO Practices
- The Definitive Guide To Technical Mobile SEO
- Google: In Future, Pages With Bad Mobile SEO Won’t Rank As Well In Mobile Search
- The Challenge Of Getting Mobile SEO Right When Google Is Inconsistent
- Google’s New Mobile Guidelines Focus On Delivering Content In Less Than A Second
- Does Google’s Mobile SEO Preference Change Mobile SEO Best Practices?
- SEO Considerations For Google Mobile Search In 2012