Essential Guide to SEO: Master the science of SEO
This freshly updated guide walks you through the key tactics of good SEO so you can develop a solid SEO strategy to drive organic traffic to your site.
Search engine optimization is essential to your website, yet there are SEO fundamentals you must know to get the website visitors you need.
We’ve built this SEO Guide around the framework of our Periodic Table Of SEO Factors, a resource that has helped thousands of marketers visualize the elements of a sound SEO strategy.
Search engines take thousands of signals into account when deciding how your web pages rank for search queries. But like our Periodic Table, our SEO Guide focuses on those things that are fundamental to success and therefore need to be understood and prioritized.
In the guide below, we explain the Periodic Table of SEO Factors in more depth, and highlight tactical tips from experts on search engine optimization that will help your website get more visitors from organic search.
- Chapter 1: Types Of Search Engine Success Factors: These are the on- and off-page factors that can affect your search rankings. We’ll also look at emerging search verticals and bad SEO tactics to avoid.
- Chapter 2: Content & Search Engine Success Factors: Keep these elements in mind to create high-quality content that search engines and your target audiences will love.
- Chapter 3: Site Architecture & Search Engine Success Factors: Let’s go behind-the-scenes and look at the aspects of your site that make it easy for search engines to access and influence user experience.
- Chapter 4: HTML Code & Search Engine Success Factors: HTML tags and structured data help organize information on your site and help search engines understand your content.
- Chapter 5: Trust, Authority, Expertise & Search Rankings: How your users engage with your site, as well its reputation and authority, helps search engines determine if it’s worthy of showing to users.
- Chapter 6: Link Building & Ranking In Search Engines: Why links are still important and what they tell search engines about your content.
- Chapter 7: Personalization & Search Engine Rankings: These are the user-specific elements, such as location and intent, that can affect the results users see.
- Chapter 8: Toxins & Search Engine Spam Penalties: Beware SEO “shortcuts.” Getting caught using these tactics can potentially result in a manual action penalty or even get your site delisted from the search index.
- Chapter 9: Emerging Verticals in Search: Voice, local, image and video search represent new ways for users to find what they’re looking for. While they each provide nuanced opportunities for brands, they’re still based on the fundamental principles of SEO.