SearchCap: AdWords expanded ads, Google Maps UI changes & More
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google expanded text ads are live, and device bidding & responsive ads for native roll out
Jul 26, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Standard text ads will no longer be accepted as of October 26.
- Google Maps updates map design, highlights areas of interest and adds business photo carousel
Jul 26, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Check out the new look for the Google Maps imagery and features. It is subtle, but Google said it helps users navigate.
- The art of link building: Why creating connections is the key to success
Jul 26, 2016 by Ryan Shelley
Columnist Ryan Shelley explains how good, sustainable link building is not just about getting a backlink, but about creating lasting connections that provide value to users.
- How to use device bid adjustments, straight from Google
Jul 26, 2016 by Matt Lawson
AdWords will soon have the ability to set bids specific to each device type. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains Google’s official POV about what that means when managing your campaigns.
- Use Power BI to supercharge your SEO
Jul 26, 2016 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how to take advantage of Microsoft’s Power BI (Business Intelligence) rollout to collect and analyze more data than ever before — and find the SEO performance gaps you didn’t know about.
- Deliver content your employees want to share
Jul 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering them to be the voice of their brand. In this e-book, Dynamic Signal explores the connection between content and employees. They provide tactical takeaways that will help you determine exactly how to distribute content to […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- What is call intelligence, and why should you care?
- Taboola buys video advertising firm ConvertMedia
- Google rolls out expanded text ads, device bid adjustments & responsive ads for native in AdWords
- Customer journeys, blind spots & burgers: Lessons from fast-food marketing
- Marketing PSA: Cold lead generation is spam
- Ubimo and Cuebiq offer integrated offline data for real-time campaign optimization
- The CMO and the DCoE: 3 steps to build your digital center of excellence
- Tired of broken promises from politicians? Demand KPIs!
- MarTech Today: Verizon buys Yahoo, Twitter verification & more
- AdStage launches Report cross-channel reporting solution
- Ad industry execs cautiously optimistic Verizon-AOL-Yahoo can take on Google & Facebook
- ACSI report: Customer satisfaction increases for e-business despite dips in social media
- Twitter recycles 7-year-old tagline in new ad campaign
- Post-Bezos, The Washington Post is making its ads “all about users-first”
Search News From Around The Web:
- At Google, Steady Hands Prevail — WSJ, NASDAQ.com
Local & Maps
- Use Online Reviews to Connect with Back-to-School Customers, Google Small Business
- New Zagat iOS app: Tap into tailored, trustworthy dining recommendations — wherever you may be, Zagat Blog
- Sun-synchronous orbits with Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Google Showing Emojis In Search Results Still, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- Roller Coaster Brand CPCs Come Back Down to Earth, Merkle
- Sunsetting promotionLine in AdWords Scripts, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Google AdWords Posts One Page Ad Approvals Document, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using the Purchase Funnel to Guide PPC Strategy, Metric Theory
- View Ad Creative Through The Eyes Of Your Searchers, PPC Hero