SearchCap: AdWords order IDs, Google changes & SEO forecasts
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Now you can capture Order IDs to mitigate double-conversion counting in AdWords
Apr 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Filter out repeat visits to a conversion page from the same device with an update to the AdWords conversion tag.
- Forecast says SEO-related spending will be worth $80 billion by 2020
Apr 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Report from Borrell Associates argues “marketing services” spending in US is much larger than advertising.
- Thinking smarter: Take your SEO work to the next level
Apr 19, 2016 by Brian Harnish
Columnist Brian Harnish explains how you can streamline your workload and improve client relations through education, planning and communication.
- How to check if you’ve screwed up your AdWords account
Apr 19, 2016 by Daniel Gilbert
Former Googler Daniel Gilbert shares an AdWords Script which will scan your account to identify some of the most common AdWords mistakes.
- As search changes, Google changes
Apr 19, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman notes that people are changing the way they search in response to new technologies and the proliferation of smartphones. What can advertisers and SEOs do to keep up?
- Learn how to optimize your martech stack with “The Enterprise Guide to Marketing Technology”
Apr 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today’s marketers contribute more than ever to sales and the bottom line. With so many new marketing technologies emerging every day, how do you know which are essential to your role? And how do you ensure the data you collect has the greatest impact? Read this e-book from Vision Critical and discover how marketing technology […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Microsoft’s user-response Pulse platform now supports on-demand video
- Five tips to improve the reach and impact of your social content
- Top 10 video creators in March: BuzzFeed Tasty ranks No. 1 for 4th month in a row
- The Ultimate AdWords Extension Quiz
- Is a local SEO campaign like a sitcom?
- Beacon marketers have new ways around app download requirement
- YouTube launches 360-degree live videos & adds spatial audio for on-demand videos
- Composition of an online reputation dream team
- 4 ways to improve your email marketing production process
- MarTech Today: Bids for Yahoo, thinking like a data company & 20 years of search engines
- Unifying the customer experience across channels
- Majority of users frustrated by disruptive ads, aware of ad blocking [Survey]
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Play Suggesting Anchor Text Usage For Marketing Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Package Tracking Card, Google Operating System
- Helping people stay informed and connected in Japan and Ecuador, Official Google Blog
- Generating SEO growth on a budget, Branded3
- Google AMP & New Relic Incompatible, Search Engine Roundtable
- The 9 Most Common Local SEO Myths, Dispelled, Moz
- The Effects of Machine Learning on Rankings and SEO, thesempost.com
- Why text structure is important for SEO, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Mastering mobile monetisation – an AWEurope discussion #BingBites, Bing Ads Blog
- Mystified about mobile? Here’s how we see the opportunity, Bing Ads Blog
- Showing how YouTube ads drive sales for CPG brands with Oracle Data Cloud, Inside AdWords