SearchCap: AdWords parallel tracking, negative SEO, Yext with TripAdvisor
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AdWords sets parallel tracking deadline & will warn advertisers using HTTP landing pages
May 17, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers using third-party click measurement systems need to prepare for parallel tracking. AdWords will automatically redirect some HTTP ad clicks to HTTPS landing pages.
- What negative SEO is and is not
May 17, 2018 by Joe Sinkwitz
In the first of a six-part series on negative SEO and its effect on links, content and user signals, contributor Joe Sinkwitz sets the tone by dispelling myths and providing definitions of key concepts.
- More details on Microsoft Audience Network: Workflows, ad formats & how to target with LinkedIn data
May 17, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
How it works and what makes MSAN different from other ad networks
- Better Business Bureau reviews are not always better
May 17, 2018 by Joy Hawkins
Contributor Joy Hawkins hires a pool company and finds that the BBB’s site isn’t as trustworthy as she previously believed.
- Yext adds TripAdvisor to listings network, conversational UI for local data updates
May 17, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Messaging-based updates especially useful for SMBs and local store managers.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter is changing how conversations happen based on user behavior and conduct
- Facebook updates Ads Reporting & introduces new ‘creative reporting’ metric
- 3 steps to mastering account-based measurement
- Why your media decisions matter for campaign location attribution
- Enable attribution across all channels, platforms and devices
- Beating remarketing addiction and testing for incremental value using Google Analytics
- Ask an #SMXpert: LinkedIn ads and search — The ultimate knockout punch
- LinkedIn releases new updates to Sales Navigator, says the sales prospecting tool is GDPR-ready
- Outbrain adds IAS integration to contextually shield for brand safety
- Dialpad buys TalkIQ and adds AI to UberConference and other services
- PulsePoint launches Genome to centralize data for healthcare advertising
- Questions remain about GDPR enforcement in the US as the compliance deadline inches closer
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Business – Restaurant Menu Affiliate Scheme Uncovered!, witblade.com
- 6 Strategies to Get More Local Reviews (and Boost Your Rankings), Search Engine Guide
- 8 Free Keyword Research Tools (That CRUSH Google Keyword Planner), ahrefs.com
- Amazon SEO: How to Rank Highly for Amazon Searches, WordStream
- Apple sold about 600,000 HomePods in the first quarter, appleinsider.com
- Gianluca Fiorelli on Why Anchor Texts Still Matter for Google, cognitiveseo.com
- Google Expands Job Posting Structured Data To More Countries, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs, The SEM Post
- How to Use Video Schema Markup on Your Video Pages, SEM Rush