Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Alexa & Google Assistant, AMP URLs & link building
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google announces solution to longstanding AMP cache URL display problem
Jan 8, 2018 by Michelle Robbins
Later this year, the Google AMP cache will finally display publisher URLs instead of Google URLs in the search results.
- It’s Google Home vs. Amazon Alexa at CES in the battle for the voice ecosystem
Jan 8, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Google and Amazon both announce new device partnerships; the Google Assistant will be on new “smart display” devices, more TVs, speakers and in cars.
- Split testing Google Shopping campaigns
Jan 9, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Many retailers and marketers want to review the performance of their Google Shopping campaigns with split testing, whether it’s to establish if a tool will offer more efficiency than manual implementation or to compare two tools against each other. However, the Google Shopping channel lends itself to accurate split testing only under certain conditions, and […]
- 5 content distribution strategies for 2018
Jan 9, 2018 by Sherry Bonelli
So, you’ve created tons of content, but you still aren’t gaining any traction. What gives? Columnist Sherry Bonelli explains how doing more with your existing content can help it reach its full potential.
- Best practices for qualifying your link opportunities
Jan 9, 2018 by Ryan Shelley
So, you’ve got a list of potential linking partners, but how do you qualify them? Columnist Ryan Shelley shares his process.
- Har Gobind Khorana Google doodle celebrates first chemist to construct a synthetic gene
Jan 9, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Born in Raipur, Pakistan, Dr. Khorana received the Nobel Prize while doing research at the University of Wisconsin in 1968.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How AI and CLV help app marketers drive business growth
- Report shows Snapchat’s newer features falling flat but messaging more popular than ever
- Marketers, here are some blockchain terms you might want to know
- The top 10 things I learned about online advertising in 2017
- To comply with GDPR, BlueVenn is having to reimagine itself
- What the development of visual search will mean for SEO
- So, what’s it like to be a CMO of a marketing-focused business?
Search News From Around The Web:
- How To Use The Google AdWords Editor (Pro Tips), ignitevisibility.com
- AMP Adoption Still Slow Because of Key Misconceptions, Stone Temple
- CES 2018: Inside the Lab Where Amazon’s Alexa Takes Over The World, Wired
- Creating SEO Guidelines for Your B2B Organization, KoMarketing
- Does Switching From Subdomains to Subfolders Improve Rankings?, cognitiveseo.com
- Google’s New Campaign Total Budget vs. Daily Budget Setting: Which Should You Use?, WordStream
- Negative SEO Tactics in 2018, Vertical Measures
- The 2018 PPC Trends That Affect Your Day-to-Day, PPC Hero
- What Marketers Should Know as Google Moves Forward with Purchases on Google, Merkle
- Why re-pointing high value links still matters in 2018, Builtvisible