SearchCap: Amit Singhal joins Uber, Google AMP carousels & more
Barry Schwartz on January 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Former Google search chief Amit Singhal joins Uber
Jan 20, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Singhal will become a senior vice president of engineering, overseeing Uber’s Maps & Marketplace departments.
- Google AMP carousels are multiplying!
Jan 20, 2017 by Barb Palser
Columnist Barb Palser says the growing number of single-source AMP carousels in Google search sweetens the deal for AMP-enabled publishers.
- Search in Pics: Indoor lifeguard tower, tractor & wall art
Jan 20, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Fabric team goes to Google: Source: Twitter Google indoor lifeguard tower: Source: Twitter Google Calvin & […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- YouTube gains access to Google account data for ad targeting, teases new measurement solution
- Relaunching your website? Don’t forget an SEO audit!
- Influencers, in-store shopping and more: 5 affiliate marketing trends for 2017
- How digital media won the White House for an ‘analog’ audience
- DataSift offers first analysis at scale of how LinkedIn’s members engage with content
- Survey: Social and mobile are top drivers of new small business digital spending
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Bing Testing “Send Directions to Phone” Test in Local Knowledge Panel, thesempost.com
- Google Testing Price Trends for Local Hotel Listings, thesempost.com
- New Google Earth Version 18.104.22.16836, Google Earth Blog
- Google Says Don’t Build Links From Google Sheets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Wants You To Use Nofollow When Linking To Bad Sites, Search Engine Roundtable
- What Links Can You Get That Comply with Google’s Guidelines? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Finding immersive experiences (Part 2), SearchReSearch
- Google and the migration from HTTP to HTTPS sites | #KoozaiQuickVid, koozai.com
- Google Says Using International Targeting In Search Console Doesn’t Reduce Visibility In Other Countries, Search Engine Roundtable
- HTTP status codes and what they mean for SEO, Yoast
- Lowdown on the Google Mobile Popup Penalty for WordPress Users, kinsta.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Tips For The Travel PPC Marketer, PPC Hero
- Making YouTube Better in a Mobile, Cross-Screen World, Inside AdWords
- Video: Google Algorithm Update, Mobile Interstitial Penalty, Link Operator & Matt Cutts, Search Engine Roundtable