Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Amp links at large, Google AdWords demographic targeting & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AMP links at large: What’s a publisher to do?
Sep 14, 2017 by Barb Palser
If you’re a publisher that’s implemented Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), you’ve likely seen views on those pages coming from some unexpected sources. Contributor Barb Palser explains how AMP links get shared from a variety of platforms.
- The limitations of Google AdWords demographic targeting
Sep 14, 2017 by Andy Taylor
Proper demographic targeting can improve your search ads’ performance. Unfortunately, as columnist Andy Taylor points out, Google doesn’t always make demographic targeting easy.
- Report: Google beats Amazon for product-search reach, but rival sees greater loyalty
Sep 14, 2017 by Greg Sterling
56% of US, UK, German and French shoppers use Amazon as a starting point.
- Customizable, collaborative dashboards to arrive within AdWords
Sep 14, 2017 by Greg Finn
A new solution, dashboards, will allow advertisers to slice, dice and share their data to surface the most meaningful data and KPIs.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Personalization 2.0: Transform your marketing from segmentation to intent-driven personalization
- How to conduct an SEO content audit
- A search marketer’s view of Facebook’s advertising platform
- SurveyMonkey SVP says her drive to tell stories is the reason she went into marketing
- Martech enablement series: Part 6 — Building the car
- Stop wasting your marketing efforts: The 3 prongs to inbox placement
- When Amazon comes for your company, don’t lose focus on what matters: Your customer
- 7 killer ad tips for YouTube & video
- What’s better than a marketing tech stack? Your marketing org stack
- Tobii Pro employs its eye-trackers to find out what attracts attention in a car showroom
- With an eye toward GDPR, The Media Trust sets up ‘first vendor network’ to fix the Net
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Sued by Women Workers Claiming Gender Discrimination, Ad Age
- Google’s Pixel 2 is launching on October 4, TechCrunch
- New: Outbound Link Metrics with Titles and More, Majestic Blog
Local & Maps
- Get a Closer Look With Street View in Google Earth VR, Google Blog
- Ranking your local business part 8: Behavioral Signals, Yoast
- Google AMP is Winning or My History with AMP, Alex Kras
- Google’s Project Jacquard: Textile-Based Device Controls, SEO By The Sea
SEM / Paid Search
- Funnel-Based PPC Account Strategy – An Overview, Portent
- Invalid Clicks in AdWords: Everything You Need To Know, Periscopix
- Top Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do In Bing Ads, State of Digital
- Why Programmatic Is Important To A PPC Strategy, PPC Hero
- Comparing HTTPS Services: Traditional vs Let’s Encrypt vs Cloudflare, Moz
- 7 Baidu SEO Fundamentals B2B Marketers Need to Know, KoMarketing
- Do Your XML Sitemaps Need To Load Fast For Google?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Faking Article Dates Is An Old Trick, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Once Malware Cleaned Up, No Long Term Impact On Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
- It Takes Two to Tango! SEO-Infused Content = Optimal Rankings [STATS], Search Engine People
- Multiple Sites: Does It Hurt or Help SEO?, Search Engine Journal
- Will Using Alternate TLDs Affect Your SEO Negatively?, SEM Rush