SearchCap: Apple news, successful PPC managers & technical SEO
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Apple brings Siri to Mac, new exposure for non-Google search engines Jun 13, 2016 by Danny Sullivan Soon, you will finally be able to search the web from your Mac desktop […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Apple brings Siri to Mac, new exposure for non-Google search engines
Jun 13, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Soon, you will finally be able to search the web from your Mac desktop — and Google won’t be a default provider.
- SocialPro is one week away — Register today!
Jun 13, 2016 by Chris Sherman
Marketing Land’s SocialPro, the only conference focused on sharing real, proven social media marketing tactics from working professionals.
- 12 things successful PPC managers do in the morning
Jun 13, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
How can you ensure success for your PPC campaigns? Columnist Pauline Jakober believes it’s all about learning good habits and describes her agency’s daily morning routine.
- The role technical SEO should play: It’s makeup
Jun 13, 2016 by Clayburn Griffin
Columnist Clayburn Griffin argues that while technical SEO can make your site more attractive to search engines, it can only go so far. Once you’ve implemented your technical optimizations, you still need to have something of substance to best your competitors.
- 2 strategic opportunities for local service area businesses
Jun 13, 2016 by Corey Barnett
Are you having a hard time ranking in Google’s local results as a service area business? If so, columnist Corey Barnett has some ideas for how to improve your visibility.
- Why should you enter the 2016 Search Engine Land Awards?
Jun 13, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Perhaps the real question is, why wouldn’t you enter? For the second annual “Landy Awards,” we’ve added more categories to highlight campaigns in various sectors of SEO and SEM, plus new team awards for both agencies and in-house search marketers.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Someday, this story may be written by a computer
- Microsoft’s LinkedIn acquisition represents huge opportunity for Bing Ads
- As Snapchat’s ad biz expands, it’s pressing for shorter ads
- The big picture guide to local SEO: ranking in 2016 & beyond
- How to prepare for AdWords’ expanded text ads and device-based bidding
- New Podcast: Listen to Marketing Land Live via iTunes or Google Play
- The Microsoft LinkedIn Deal: What it means for advertisers
- Creating the VIP treatment for your customers
- How ignoring online reputation can destroy your PPC campaign
- How 3 brands are using Facebook Live to connect, engage & inspire their fans
- 5 strategies to convert your readers into email subscribers
- Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #17: Apple gets into paid search, Snapchat’s new Discover tab & more
- MarTech Today: Lenovo launches first Tango phone, Quantifind opens data platform & Google unwraps Nearby
Search News From Around The Web:
- 6 Search-Related Twitter Chats to Join, Search Engine Journal
- Google Sets the Record Straight on Autocomplete, Search Engine Journal
- What Pinterest learned in two years working on its search engine, TechCrunch
SEM / Paid Search
- 5 Perilous Mistakes That Will Destroy Your PPC Budget, WordStream
- Get the Credit for Your AdWords Conversions, Search Engine Journal
- Google Goes All In With Location Based Paid Search, www.ppchero.com
- Google Goes All In With Location Based Paid Search, PPC Hero
- Google coughs over “New-TLDs-as-SEO-boost” claims, Domain Name Wire
- How Google May Map a Query to an Entity for Suggestions, SEO by the Sea
- How to Use BigQuery for Large-Scale SEO (Or Whenever Excel Fails), Moz
- Mobile SEO matters more than it used to, Internet Retailer
- Organic search traffic dropping? Here’s what you can do, Internet Retailer
- Understanding The Noindex SEO Tag, Stone Temple Consulting
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
New on Search Engine Land