SearchCap: Apple search ads, Google’s newest search features & latest carousel test
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Apple launches ‘set it and forget it’ Search Ads Basic for the App Store
Dec 5, 2017 by Greg Sterling
No keywords, no bidding with new simplified search product.
Google’s latest search updates brings more content to Featured Snippets & Knowledge Panel info
Dec 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
“Search is not just about answering your questions — it’s also about discovery,” writes Google product manager Michael Galvez.
Google wraps Hanukkah, Festivus, Christmas & Kwanzaa searches in festive holiday decor
Dec 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Hanukkah decorations include a Menorah, Christmas searches display a gingerbread house and candy canes, and Kwanzaa searches get a Kinara.
PPC agencies will play these 4 roles when automation takes over
Dec 5, 2017 by Frederick Vallaeys
Many in the SEM world are concerned that artificial intelligence and machine learning will make their jobs obsolete — but columnist Frederick Vallaeys believes that humans and machines working together will ultimately create the most value for clients.
Links: To speed or not to speed
Dec 5, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Want to build links faster? Julie Joyce discusses which tasks can be sped up and which can’t.
Google testing an answers carousel within the search results snippets
Dec 5, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Publishers and webmasters might not like this new feature Google is testing.
Secure your SMX West pass now & save big. Rates increase next week!
Dec 4, 2017 by Search Engine Land
Don’t miss out: Your chance to lock in the lowest rate on a seat at SMX West expires next week! The West Coast’s largest search marketing conference is coming to San Jose, California, March 13-15, and we want you to join us.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- It’s time to change your SEO reports!
- Pinterest rolls out chatbot, native features for Facebook’s Messenger
- Instagram now lets brands feature Stories Highlights on their profile pages
- Bounce rate: Important metric or junk data?
- Amazon owned nearly 1/3 of all online sales during Cyber Monday
- Google releases Android Go edition for India’s 400 million internet users
- Secure your SMX West pass now & save big. Rates increase next week!
- Four brand-building activities that lay the foundation for SEO
- 8 simple ways to utilize a blog to improve SEO results
Search News From Around The Web:
- 15 Facebook Groups Every SEO Should Join, Ahrefs
- Google Is Rolling Out Hotel Price Sliders to Local Packs, Sergey Alakov
- Apple Maps adds public transit directions for Tampa, Fla., Apple Insider
- December 2017 Google Webmaster Report: Algorithms, Snippets & Penalties, Search Engine Roundtable
- Increasing Google CPCs, Hallam Internet
- Product ratings on Shopping ads now available globally, Inside AdWords
- Reverse Engineering Your Competitors‘ Backlinks with SEMrush, SEM Rush
- SEO for Ecommerce in 2018 – The Ultimate Guide –, The Upper Ranks
- Unique SEO Metrics to Investigate, Stone Temple
- Yoast SEO 5.9: A more accessible content analysis, Yoast