SearchCap: Apple Web Search, Google Search Analytics & Wave Goodbye To Emojis
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Content Marketing For Local Businesses: Get Creative & Pay To Play
Even with all the competition online, local businesses can still stand out using creative content to attract new customers. Columnist Will Scott explains.
- How Search Result Analysis Leads To A Better SEO Program
Columnist Derek Edmond reminds us that sometimes we get so busy with the execution of ongoing SEO tactics that we forget to step back and review the actual content experience competitors have to offer.
- Here’s An AdWords Script To Mine Your Search Query Reports
Former Googler Daniel Gilbert shares another script from the Brainlabs team that will look at your search query data to reveal performance insights.
- Google Will Stop Displaying Emoji Symbols In The Search Results
Google will soon kill off the emoji characters from showing up in their desktop search results.
- Apple Confirms Their Web Crawler: Applebot
Apple finally confirms they have a web crawler, primarily used for Siri and Spotlight Suggestions.
- Google Officially Launches The New Search Analytics Report In Webmaster Tools
After months of testing, Google has released the new Search Analytics report within Google Webmaster Tools – take it for a deep dive.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Test Lets Users Pick Which Pages’ & Friends’ Posts Appear At Top Of News Feed
- Facebook: Smartwatches Are “Absolutely” An Advertising Opportunity
- IAB Reports Nearly A Quarter Of U.S. Adult Population Watches Original Digital Video
- Facebook Strengthens Native Ad Tools For Audience Network Placements
- Beer Brand’s #TweetAt12 Campaign Offers Free Beer To Those Who Tweet At Noon
- Prudential’s Marketing Leader Aims To Make Life Insurance More Relevant In Today’s Market
- Stop Building Marketing Platforms For Marketers
- What Google’s Mobile-First Rules Mean For Your Marketing Strategy
- Mobile Video Advertising Revenues Much Higher Than Impression Share — Report
- Succeeding In Mobile Display Advertising: Little Messages That Pack A Big Punch
Search News From Around The Web:
- Give it up for Our MozCon 2015 Community Speakers, Moz
- Google’s Animated GIF Response To Google Search Updates, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer on Microsoft Search Deal, Alibaba Spinoff, Wall Street Journal
Local & Maps
- How to get Google Status Update ROBOCALLS from 3rd party marketers HIRED BY GOOGLE to stop calling?!?!, Mike Blumenthal
- iOS 9 leaked details allegedly point to redesign for Siri, CNET
- How Many Links Should You Build to Your Website?, quicksprout.com
- How Much Has Link Building Changed in Recent Years?, Moz
- Who are your neighbors in the link building world?, linkresearchtools.com
- Searching within a document, human memory, and other things you’d like Google search to do, SearchReSearch
- Search Challenge (5/6/15): Victorians and palms trees? A thing?, SearchReSearch
SEM / Paid Search
- Negative Keyword Match Types – When to Use Broad Match, Metric Theory
- Five ways to grow your business this Small Business Week, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog