Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Ads social extensions, Google Adpocalypse & more
Barry Schwartz on March 21, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Ads testing Social Extensions: Link search ads to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr
Mar 18, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new ad extension is in beta in the US.
- Doodle 4 Google 2016 student winner pays tribute to her African heritage
Mar 21, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Washington, D.C. 10th grader says she wanted her artwork not only to turn heads, but souls, as well.
- Why costs for local SEO campaigns vary
Mar 21, 2016 by Jenny Foster
Looking to purchase local SEO services, but wondering about the value of different tiers of service? Columnist Jenny Foster breaks it down.
- 5 dos and don’ts of managing a new international PPC account
Mar 21, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Never managed an international PPC account before? Columnist Pauline Jakober provides tips and advice on how to handle this new challenge.
- Google’s right-side Adpocalypse: What really happened (DATA)
Mar 21, 2016 by Larry Kim
When Google changed its SERP display last month to eliminate ads in the right rail, many search marketers panicked. Now that the change has been live for a while, columnist Larry Kim looks at the data to determine what, if any, damage occurred.
- Vernal Equinox Google doodle welcomes the first day of spring
Mar 20, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The animated doodle has replaced Google’s logo on many of its home pages in the Northern Hemisphere, leading to a search for “vernal equinox.”
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google Now allows content blocking from publishers and sources you don’t like
- Get up close with PPC KPIs to improve your performance
- Local SEO beyond the browser
- Survey: More than half of customers will defect unless their feedback is recognized
- The new normal: Changing the dynamics between brands and shoppers
- Twitter celebrates brands and advertisers on its 10th birthday
- Infographic: The 2016 Marketing Technology Landscape
- 5 steps to leverage the power of affiliates in your email marketing
- 10 tactics for handling haters on Facebook
- On Twitter’s 10th birthday, why Madison Avenue execs #LoveTwitter
- MarTech Today: Twitter’s algorithmic rollout, real-time search algorithm updates & IT purchasing by CMOs
- Startup YesPath launches AI-driven platform that automatically targets marketing content
- Usermind launches its platform as “glue between systems” that shows what works
- Twitter’s Jack Dorsey: 140-character limit is staying
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Is Shopping for Cloud Companies. On List: Namely and Shopify., Re/code
- Playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow With Google Doodles, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Local Restaurant Search Autofilters On Best, Cheapest Like Phrases, Mike Blumenthal
- Answer: Finding out about a technical conference…, SearchReSearch
- Google 404s 466453.com; Their Old SMS Search Feature, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Now Lets You Block Cards From Showing Specific News Sources, Not Just Previously Visited Sites, androidpolice.com
- Moz: Google Showing More “People Also Ask” Box To Searchers, Search Engine Roundtable
- Perfect Your Search Strategies Without Keyword Stuffing, semrush.com
- URL Structure for SEO and Usability, Pedro Dias
- Why You Need an SEO Learning Program (Here’s Why #60), Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads Pulling Landing Page Content for Ad Description, thesempost.com