SearchCap: Bing Ads standard text ads, canonical tags & relevancy
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Relevance vs. authority: Which link has more value? (Part 2)
May 11, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
In part two of his three-part series on authority versus relevance in link building, columnist Andrew Dennis hears from experts who favor authority.
- Let’s get visual: Shopping from within images
May 11, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson outlines exciting developments that bring image search and shopping together to enhance the search experience for users.
- Bing Ads: Standard text ad support to end July 31, 2017
May 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers will not be able to edit old STAs or create new ones after that date.
- Canonical tags are easy, right? What’s the worst that could happen?
May 11, 2017 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox outlines when to use the canonical tag, as well as some common problems that occur during implementation.
- Should you outsource your content or hiring an in-house writing team?
May 11, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s no secret that quality content improves brand awareness, increases customer loyalty and drives leads, but most marketing managers say that good writers are difficult to find. Companies need writers who can create value through informative and engaging information. So, do you outsource your content or build an in-house team? This paper from BKA Content […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How to choose martech tools that your team will love
- The best-kept AdWords secret: AMP your landing pages
- Snap bought a company in March and product updates hurt user growth, per new filing
- What will Echo Show’s screen mean for the digital assistant device market?
- Survey: Only 24 percent of SMBs seeing positive ROI on Facebook
- UNILAD takes back lead as top video creator in April, but video views down across the board
- Taking Goliath down: How to compete with the giants in your industry
- What marketers should know about Snap’s Q1 2017 earnings report
Search News From Around The Web:
- Wisdom from the Trenches: An Interview with BloomNation’s Eric Wu on SEO, Product, and Marketing, Portent
Local & Maps
- An Old Satellite Dish Found on Google Maps Is Becoming West Africa’s First Radio Telescope, Gizmodo
- Google Maps Glitch Sends Tourists to the Wrong Norwegian Town, Smithsonian
- Google Says You Can Get Unnatural Links From Good Sites & Natural Links From Spammy Sites, Search Engine Roundtable
- Internal linking for SEO: why and how, Yoast
- UX and Link Building: How to Step Up Your Game, theupperranks.com
- Google Crawls 404s After Important URLs Are Crawled: No Crawl Budget Impact, Search Engine Roundtable
- HTTPS: just a Google ranking signal?, SEM Rush
- SEO Knowledge Interview Questions: Optimizing For Different Search Engines, polepositionmarketing.com
SEM / Paid Search
- A Guide To AdWords Location Targeting In The United States, PPC Hero
- Baidu PPC Versus Google AdWords: 8 Key Differences, komarketing.com
- Benefits of AdWords Promotion Extensions, Hallam Internet
- Google Maps Ads Are Popping Up Automatically Now?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Localize Your PPC & Improve CTR With Geo Ad Customizers, Metric Theory