Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing Apps Update, Google Travel Search & JSON-LD Rich Snippets
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Attributing Retail Store Transactions To Online Clicks At Keyword Level
Feb 4, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern offers a sneak peek of results and winning tactics from the beta of Google AdWords’ online-to-in-store conversion tracking.
- Bring Your Work Home: How To Use Google AdWords To Improve Your Love Life
Feb 4, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains how you can use your search marketing expertise to keep the romance alive.
- Google Search Partner Network: Friend Or Foe?
Feb 4, 2016 by Andy Taylor
To include search partners or not to include search partners? That is the question for many AdWords advertisers. To help answer this question, columnist Andy Taylor shares data on search partner ad performance.
- Bing Updates Android & iOS Apps To Enable More Finding With Less Searching
Feb 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Android app update brings feature parity with iOS version, making common tasks faster and easier.
- Google Revamps Mobile Travel Search Results, Almost Making Web Results Irrelevant
Feb 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google leads you into a new travel search experience on mobile search that makes it harder to view web-based search results.
- Google Adds JSON-LD Support For Structured Data Markup
Feb 4, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Now you can use JSON-LD for your structured data markup for products and/or reviews rich snippets in Google. Also make sure to validate your markup, as Google is now enforcing requirements.
- 8-Step Road Map to a World-Class Social Media Governance Program
Feb 3, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today, the average enterprise manages more than 300 social media accounts and more than a half-million social media posts by users on branded pages — but not all of this activity is positive. There has been a 7X increase in spam messages. The number of unauthorized social media accounts has also skyrocketed. Social media management […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Report: Almost Half Of Email Marketers Send Everyone The Same Email
- Join Marketing Land Editors & Guests For The Real-Time Digital Super Bowl: Our Hashtag Bowl Live Blog
- Death To The Dumb Phone: Soon, Nearly 80% Of Mobile Phones In The US Will Be Smartphones
- Move Over, Mobile Ad Fraud — “Fat Fingers” Could Also Be Throwing Off Advertisers’ Numbers
- 4 Search Advertising Trends To Watch
- Why Buy Twitter Followers? 10 Things You Need To Know About Followers Campaigns On Twitter
- The Publisher Turf Wars: Facebook Instant Articles, Ad Blocking And The Future
- How Trust Can Help Convert Online Shoppers To Buyers
- Visualizing Your Marketing And Sales Process
- MarTech Today: Google’s Search Head Leaves, Live 360-Degree Video & The EU-US Privacy Shield
- Super Bowl Social Buzz: #AvosInSpace Earning Most Mentions So Far On Twitter
- Pokémon Leading All Super Bowl Ad Videos With 11.4 Million Online Views
- Facebook Surpasses YouTube, Barely, In Super Bowl Commercial Video Views [Report]
- Google’s Play Store Rejects Ad Blocker App For Samsung Browser
- Squarespace Super Bowl 50 Campaign Stars Comedians Key & Peele Bringing The #RealTalk
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Apple adds 20 Flyover cities, new Traffic and Nearby data to Maps, appleinsider.com
- Google Adding A Trusted Verifier Program To Verify Businesses In Person, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Earth Traffic layer dropped, Google Earth Blog
- Video Deep Dive: How the Big 4 Performed in Local in 2015, Local University
- Google Showing Including Results For Feature For Navigational Queries, Search Engine Roundtable
- Moving Site from Static Home Page to Latest Posts, Bill Hartzer
- Considering Google AMP for SEO?, BruceClay.com
- SEO For Sale?! Exposing Google Loopholes In Light Of @FTC Native Guidelines, aimClear Blog
- Should Facebook Rank For Featured Snippets?, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Machine Learning Revolution: How it Works and its Impact on SEO, Moz
- Your WordPress Yoast SEO Cheat Sheet, Distilled
SEM / Paid Search
- A Quick Diagnosis Tool for Ailing PPC Accounts, PPC Hero
- The Most Common PPC Mistake that is Never Mentioned, Certified Knowledge