SearchCap: Bing crypto ads, AdWords scripts & vertical search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing is latest to ban cryptocurrency ads
May 15, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The updated financial product and services policy will take effect in June.
- Pause underperforming ads with this updated AdWords script
May 15, 2018 by Daniel Gilbert
If you are running tests on your ads but don’t know how to interpret the results, contributor Daniel Gilbert has an updated AdWords script to help you pick which ads are performing best.
- Search is more than Google: Mastering vertical search optimization
May 15, 2018 by Jim Yu
Vertical search engines, mobile and voice trends seem to be reshaping the search landscape, says contributor Jim Yu. Create a cohesive content strategy across a number of verticals and increase the touch points you have with consumers.
- Work hard and play hard at SMX Advanced
May 15, 2018 by Search Engine Land
By now, you’ve read about the exceptional agenda and the incredible lineup of speakers coming to SMX® Advanced. But there’s another aspect of attending SMX that is just as, if not more, important: Networking. Networking is a cornerstone of the SMX conference experience. At SMX Advanced, we’re thrilled to host you and more than 1,500 […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook expands its list of marketing partners, while limiting what view tags can do
- State of Digital Marketing Analytics in the Top 1000 Internet Retailers
- First Forrester forecast for marketing automation finds it is still ‘early innings’ for adoption
- Amazon poised to launch new retargeting ad product — [report]
Search News From Around The Web:
- How to Earn Google Featured Snippets for Mobile: Large-scale Study, SEMrush community
- Keyword Clustering: The Most Effective Content Strategy for SEO, BrightEdge SEO Blog
- Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report, PPC Hero
- Are Private Blog Networks Always Bad For SEO?, Search Engine People
- Google Defends Reducing Length Of Search Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Multiple Domains vs Single Domain Strategy to Build a Stronger Domain, State of Digital
- Seasonal or Evergreen Content | Does Topical Content Bring More Traffic Than Evergreen Content?, Cognitive SEO
- The Realist’s Guide to Link Building, The Upper Ranks
- Three, two, one: New ways to control Google Pixel Buds, Google Blog
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths, The SEM Post