Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Bing fact checking, Google mobile tips & Bing agency awards
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Spark Foundry takes home Bing’s 2017 Agency of the Year & Innovator of the Year awards
Sep 15, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Hosted by the Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Bing’s 2017 Agency Awards event celebrated “the practice of search” by recognizing key executives and agencies.
- Competitive analysis: Making your auction insights work for you
Sep 15, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Columnist Amy Bishop shares tips for identifying actionable takeaways from your AdWords auction insights data.
- Bing now officially supports Fact Check label with ClaimReview markup
Sep 15, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
About a year after Google began showing fact labels in search, Bing has officially begun showing the label in their own search results.
- Search in Pics: Google massive leather chair, inside the Google subway car & babywear
Sep 15, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Inside the Google subway car on the Chicago rooftop: Source: Instagram Massive Google leather chair and […]
- Leading up to the mobile-first index, Google has some advice
Sep 14, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Want to take your mobile site from an m-dot to responsive? Here is how Google recommends you do it.
- Amazon vs. search: Why you shouldn’t put too many eggs in one shopping basket
Sep 14, 2017 by Purna Virji
Where should retail marketers focus most of their time and effort: search or Amazon? Columnist Purna Virji shares data from an analysis of shopper behavior and the findings may surprise you.
- Compare 16 local marketing automation platforms
Sep 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Locally targeted ad spending by US national brands will grow to $68.9 billion in 2018, according to BIA/Kelsey’s US Local Media Forecast. Local marketing growth is being driven by several important trends, including consumers’ increasing preference for online local information — particularly through social media — and their use of mobile devices to shop locally. […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- iOS 11 will accelerate the need for cookie-less tracking
- AMP links at large: What’s a publisher to do?
- ‘Clash of Clans’ reclaims its lead on YouTube’s top 10 list of most popular video ads in August
- Samsung’s 6-second video spot ranks #1 on YouTube’s first bumper ad leaderboard
- IAB Tech Lab’s new draft OpenRTB 3.0 is designed for the future of advertising
- Amperity emerges from stealth with a muscular CDP
- Are you making a mistake by focusing solely on new customers?
- What the FTC’s latest endorsement disclosure actions mean for marketers
- Digital ad industry groups rail against Apple’s new cookie-blocking solution in Safari 11
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google is Rolling Out Tabs to Hotels’ Knowledge Panels, Sergey Alakov
- Google Local Panel Testing Small Map Icon Interface, Search Engine Roundtable
- Understanding and Harnessing the Flow of Link Equity to Maximize SEO Ranking Opportunity – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Ending FOMO with Community Updates, Google Blog
- UK startup takes on Google with ‘first ever comprehensive, unbiased shopping search engine’, The Independent
- How to move from m-dot URLs to responsive site, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Bing To Crawl Web For PWAs To Place In Windows App Store?, Search Engine Roundtable
- HTML ID Attributes Ignored By Google?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Ultimate Guide to Amazon SEO, Ignite Visibility
- Why should you improve your mobile site’s load time and how?, SEM Rush
SEM / Paid Search
- Google & Facebook Allows Advertisers To Reach Jew Haters, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Allowed Advertisers To Target "Jewish Parasite," "Black People Ruin Everything", buzzfeed.com
- 10 Ways to Use PPC, SEO and Analytics Together, Seer Interactive
- Video: Click Data Google Signal, Google Search Console & Bing PWAs, Search Engine Roundtable