SearchCap: Bing Seahawks Rewards, Google Critic Reviews & Ignoring Links
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Launches Critic Reviews For Movies, TV & Others To Come Later This Year
Google adds a new Knowledge Graph result for movie critic reviews and promises more to come with TV shows and books this year.
- Bing Will Reward Seattle Seahawks Fans For Using Its Search Engine
In a first-of-its-kind partnership, Bing and the Seahawks will offer season tickets, travel and tickets to a road game, autographed gear and more.
- The Unfortunate Consequences Of Ignoring Links
Think it’s enough to have great content and great PR? Think again. Columnist Andrew Dennis explores some high-profile examples of missed opportunities that result from ignoring link-building.
- What Makes A Good SEO Program “Good”?
Search engine optimization (SEO) professionals can be quite critical of one another’s techniques, but columnist Casie Gillette suggests that perhaps they just aren’t seeing the larger picture.
- Three Must-Download Remarketing Lists To Use With Your Search Ads
The ability to use Google Analytics to create Remarketing Lists for Search Ads was recently announced. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson runs down the audience lists you need to import into your account.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The 5 Content Strategy Shortcuts That Aren’t Shortcuts At All
- 5 Tips For Retailers To Up Their Email Promotions Strategies
- 7 Key Elements To A Perfect Product Launch
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Announces A Slew Of New Instagram Marketing Tools
- Twitter Rolls Out A News Tab Experiment For App Users
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Finding Duplicate Map Listings Easier In Google Map Maker, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Maps Supports Plus Codes, Location Codes For Places Without Addresses, Search Engine Roundtable
- Viral Link Building: How To Create A Link Explosion, blog.ahrefs.com
- Answer: Identify these three insects, SearchReSearch
- Apple and Google Know What You Want Before You Do, Wall Street Journal
- Bing Adds TripAdvisor Reviews to Search Results for Hotels & Attractions, thesempost.com
- Bing Showcases Yelp Reviews in Search Results, thesempost.com
- Movie Theme Carousels in Google’s Movie Knowledge Panels, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Announcing v2.2 of the DCM/DFA Reporting and Trafficking API, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Google AdWords MCC Users Can Now Declutter & Hide Unused Accounts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Have Current Metrics Created the Era of Clickbait?, State of Digital
- Mobile PPC Optimisation, koozai.com
- PPC Checklist: 5 Things to Do After a Site Redesign, verticalmeasures.com
- Targeting Non-English Browsers to Produce Incremental Paid Search Orders, RKG Blog
- Yahoo Testing Search Result Ads With Colored Background, thesempost.com