SearchCap: Breaking Glass Ceiling Of Search, Google’s New Year Logo & Top 10 Columns Of 2014
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Breaking The Glass Ceiling Of Search Through Acquisition When you’re working on an SEO campaign within a particularly competitive niche, it can sometimes feel that for every step forward you take, […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Breaking The Glass Ceiling Of Search Through Acquisition
When you’re working on an SEO campaign within a particularly competitive niche, it can sometimes feel that for every step forward you take, your competitors are taking an extra two. This is particularly relevant when you come into a niche where there have been a select number of really powerful domains that have dominated the […]
- Search In Pics: Google Winter Vacation, Boot Loops Cereal & Penguin Appetizers
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have, and more.
- New Year 2015 Google Logo Says Hello To The New Year With A Bang
Today’s Google doodle offers up fireworks to celebrate the first day of 2015.
- China Cuts Access To Google Search & Other Google Properties
Chinese users report they are no longer able to use Google for search. Google’s transparency report confirms this.
- 2014 Trending Topics Highlighted In Google’s New Year’s Eve Logo
Today’s Doodle highlights the year’s most popular trends, including the World Cup, Philae robotic lander and ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- AdWords Scripts For Every Level: Part 3, Advanced Tips For Unleashing The Power Of Scripts
Using MCC Scripts and Google Sheets for powerful optimization. Plus the “hidden” gem in the Bidding by Weather script.
- The Social Side Of Search Engine Land: Our Top 25 Most Shared Stories Of 2014
What stories did our readers share the most across social networks this year?
- Search Engine Land’s Top 10 Columns Of 2014
New Year’s Eve is typically regarded as a time of reflection — and so, in the spirit of being appropriately festive, we here at Search Engine Land would like to take a moment to reflect back upon the industry’s most significant moments of 2014. Animals whose names begin with “P” were popular this year. We […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- What’s Your Marketing Success Metric?
- Is Twitter Launching An Algorithmic News Feed Feature? ‘While You Were Away’ Spotted In The Wild
- How To Shape Your Personal Brand Attitude
- Jose Cuervo Plays “Auld Lang Syne” With 57 Tequila Bottles
- Top 10 Most Tweeted 2014 Sports Events: Super Bowl No. 1, But World Cup Wins 6 Of The Top 10 Spots
- 3 Steps To Better Understand Your Customers’ Content Needs In 2015
- How To Make User-Friendly (And Search-Engine Friendly) Scannable Content
- Top 10 Columns From Marketing Land Contributors In 2014: The Most Popular Overall
- A Year In Social Sharing: Marketing Land’s Top 25 Most Shared Stories Of 2014
- Hyundai’s Exobaby Ad “Tops” Viral Video Chart
- Not Another Predictions Article: How To Grow Your Business Tomorrow (Or Next Week)
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 Ways To Uncover Hidden Backlinks You May Have Overlooked, SEMrush Blog
- Discussion: Can You Disavow out of Penguin? – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- The Google Ruleset For Link Building, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why is Link Risk Management vital in 2015?, www.linkresearchtools.com
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Cleaning Up Abbreviated Street Addresses?, Search Engine Roundtable
- 7 Ways Merchants Can Help Shoppers Find Their Stores, streetfightmag.com
- Why does Google show a 4.8 rating when I have all 5-star reviews?, localu.org
- How To Do Competitive Analysis, searchenginepeople.com
- Selecting the Right SEO Company Could Make or Break Your Business, SEMrush Blog
- How To Better Connect With Your Client, PPC Hero
- Video: Bing New Years Update, Rich Snippet Testimonials, Yahoo Directory & SEO Predictions, Search Engine Roundtable
- Direct Answers – Using Query Intent Templates to Identify Answers, SEO By The Sea
- Google’s Smarter Step-by-Step Instructions, Google Operating System
- Quickly Add YouTube Search Results to Playlists, Google Operating System
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Tests Page Titles as Ad Copy Extension, Philly Marketing Labs
- 3 PPC Advertising Trends in 2015, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 6 Winning PPC Tactics, blog.raventools.com
- How To Create Google Analytics Custom Attribution Models, www.ppchero.com
- Inside AdSense: 2014 Year in Review, adsense.blogspot.com
- Google Panda 4.1 Hurt This Site: I Hide Comments Based On Early Google Feedback, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Not To Worry About Site Command Page Order, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO: Past vs. Present, SEMrush Blog
- Why You Should Hire a SEO Company to Handle Your Website Transfer, ignitevisibility.com
- Bing Search Update On New Years?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Going HTTPS? Make Sure Your Canonicals Point There Also Says Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Quality Algorithms Don’t Stimulate GoogleBot Crawl Behavior, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Do Competitive Analysis, www.searchenginepeople.com
- The 1 Search Trend You Can’t Ignore Anymore in 2015, Ahrefs Blog
- What Businesses Need to Know about Content and SEO, www.searchengineguide.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.