SearchCap: Cortana On Tap, Google Map Maker Expands & Google Mobile Image Search
Barry Schwartz on August 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Confirms Adding New Image Search Filter Buttons To Mobile
Google Image Search has added large buttons that let you filter your image searches with a press of a thumb on your mobile phone.
- Mega Menus & SEO
What are the best practices surrounding mega menu navigation elements when it comes to SEO? Columnist Chris Liversidge lays it out.
- How To Manage Your Old & Outdated Content
Fresh content is important when it comes to SEO, but Erin Everhart reminds us that there’s value in updating old content, as well.
- 87% of Potential Customers Won’t Consider Businesses With Low Ratings
Columnist Myles Anderson shares key findings from BrightLocal’s 2015 Local Consumer Review Survey.
- Google Map Maker Up Again In 45 More Countries Including The U.S.
Earlier this month, Google re-launched Map Maker after a several-month hiatus to address issues that had resulted in racist map references and several other problems. Map Maker came back first in Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, India, the Philippines and Ukraine with a new moderation structure that substantially relies on regional lead moderators. Today, Google is saying […]
- Cortana For Android Is Officially Available For Download In US Beta
A month ago, Microsoft’s virtual assistant Cortana became available for download in a pre-beta release. Now, an official US beta version of Cortana for Android is here. An iOS version is coming soon. The full Cortana experience and functionality are available to Windows 10 and Windows Phone users. But because Cortana for Android doesn’t access […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Hulu Opens Up To Programmatic With Facebook’s LiveRail And Oracle DMP
- Nokia Launches Podcast To Spark Discussion Of How To #MakeTechHuman In Partnership With WIRED
- “We Test Everything” And Other Lies Online Marketers Tell
- Where Can Marketers Find The Best Customer Data? Under Their Noses
- Stop Our Exclamation Point Addiction!
- 7 Ways To Leverage Social Signals To Improve Content Performance
Search News From Around The Web:
- Danny Sullivan & Ginny Marvin Video Speed Interview, BruceClay.com
Local & Maps
- Google could track potholes to help you avoid them down the road, The Verge
- Google My Business Asking Inactive Accounts to Verify Local GMB Information, thesempost.com
- The True Cost of Local Business Directories, Moz
- Why sites that already link are a top priority, Majestic Blog
- Is DMOZ Making a Comeback for SEO? New Sighting, ignitevisibility.com
- The Power of the Post: Optimizing Blog Posts, dizzain.com
- 6 Aspects of SEO to Consider During Website Creation, semrush.com
- Fetch as Google Adds Captcha For Some Users, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google App Indexing Hangout With Live Q&A, Search Engine Roundtable
- Introducing SEOToolSet Lite: A Free SEO Tools Suite, BruceClay.com
- SEO changes, and so do our site reviews, Yoast
- Why You Were Always Wrong About Breadcrumbs Navigation, VWO Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- Defining Yandex.Direct Match Types vs Google AdWords Match Types, Russian Search Marketing
- A Change in Domain Internationalisation Strategy, State of Digital
- Explore New Data With The Interactive Travel Dashboard, AdWords Agency Blog
- Google: 66% Of Webmasters Who Were Hacked Said They Fixed It Themselves, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Get Out of Word Count Hell in your Content Marketing, verticalmeasures.com
- SEO Analysis Tools, the Massive List Only the Best Consultants Use, Ignite Visibility
- The Biggest Client Frustrations Working With Agencies, State of Digital
- The Hidden Danger of the Search Partner Network, thesempost.com