SearchCap: Google AdWords AMP, in-market audiences & Google black test
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google will automatically convert display ads to AMP, test AMP landing pages for Search
May 23, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Company says AMP ads can load up to 5 seconds faster than standard display ads.
- Google is extending in-market audience targeting to Search campaigns
May 23, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers will be able to target users based on purchase intent signals in Search campaigns for more than a dozen categories.
- Google is testing 11 variations of black links in search results
May 23, 2017 by Sergey Alakov
Google frequently makes changes to its search results pages in order to improve the user experience. Contributor Sergey Alakov has collected examples of what appears to be Google’s latest test: replacing blue links with black ones in the user interface.
- Want more links? Be more likable.
May 23, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Wondering why you aren’t getting as many links as you think you should? Columnist Julie Joyce covers why being likable really can lead to links.
- Voice, mobile & apps: Get the latest on Google’s search developments at SMX
May 23, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
Doubling down on voice Between the many Google Home and Google Assistant announcements, it’s clear that marketers need to shift content creation strategies to focus not only on natural conversational language, but also the context of the conversation query — from which device and the time/location of a query. Joe Youngblood noted in his recent […]
- Stop oversimplifying everything!
May 23, 2017 by Eric Enge
The old days of gaming Google’s ranking algorithm are over, but columnist Eric Enge notes that many SEO professionals haven’t moved on yet.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 5 reasons why websites still matter to local search in 2017
- Stop overloading your Local SEO content!
- Getting ahead of the game with predictive analytics
- Instagram’s Location, Hashtag Stories are its spin on Snapchat’s search-driven Stories
- Facebook wants to automate publishers’ direct-sold video ad deals
- Twitter adds Direct Message Cards for advertisers to kick-start specific conversations
- Facebook enables all Pages to add guests to Live broadcasts on iOS
- Live blog: Google Marketing Next opening keynote
- Two social media heavyweights show us inside Amazon’s Influencer Program
- Lotame partners with Survata to validate third-party data with users’ survey answers
- Publishers: Tell your users what they’re getting out of viewing ads
- YouTube location extensions, in-store sales measurement now available
- Email vs. social: Which works best for B2C?
- Google launches free Google Attribution, hopes to kick last-click attribution to the curb
- Amazon is paying Alexa game developers. Will that expand to all skills categories?
- Quora’s ads platform is out of beta and available globally
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local "Check the Facts" Feature, The SEM Post
- Google Maps can be your travel guide this summer, Google Blog
- Google My Business Adds New Notifications For Photos, Search Engine Roundtable
- edu Inbound Link Myths Still Confuse Marketers, EricWard.com
- AI in the newsroom: What’s happening and what’s next?, Google Blog
- Amazon’s Echo Look companion app goes live, TechCrunch
- Google Fixes Reverse Image Search Bug, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Testing Gray & Green URLs For Snippets On Same Page?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search, The SEM Post
- Lessons from 1,000 Voice Searches (on Google Home), Moz
- A Guide to Negative SEO In 2017, Hallam Internet
- Easy Search Engine Optimization Anyone Can Do, SEO Theory
- Google Addresses One of the Flaws in Its Paid & Organic Report, Others Remain, Merkle
- Google Crawling AMP Pages 20 Percent Less Since Fred Update, Bill Hartzer
- Google Hits Major Sites with Recent Update, RankRanger
- Google Search Ranking & Algorithm Shifts Continue, Search Engine Roundtable
- Penalties vs. Algorithm Changes: What’s Next? #semrushchat, SEM Rush
- Remove A Spammy Structured Markup Penalty Fast (Question Answered), ignitevisibility.com
- SEO Knowledge Interview Questions: Regular SERP Features, PPMKG
- Small Batch Testing: A Small Change to Your Process, A Big Change for Results, Seer Interactive
- The Ultimate SEO Audit Checklist, Search Engine Journal
- Yoast SEO 4.8: Cornerstone content analysis, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Google AdWords Now Lets You Segment Paid & Organic By Device, Search Engine Roundtable
- Introducing English ads in France and Germany, Bing Ads Blog
- Paid Search Optimization: A Management Approach for Success, Search Engine Journal
- Upcoming Changes To AdWords Enhanced CPC Bidding, PPC Hero