SearchCap: Google AdWords tool, local Q&A & iOS 11 with AMP
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on and from other places across the web.
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google rolls out previously announced ‘Landing Pages’ mobile assessment tool
Aug 24, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Tab in new AdWords experience enables marketers to determine which individual URLs need to be fixed for mobile.
- Will iOS 11 help solve Google’s AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) URL problems?
Aug 24, 2017 by Michelle Robbins
Tests using Safari on iOS 11 beta 7 show URLs are converted back to original when saving or sharing to apps via Share Sheet.
- Google local question-and-answer feature now live in search for all mobile browsers
Aug 24, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
The feature initially was available only on Android devices.
- The secret formula for determining a marketing budget
Aug 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Determining a marketing budget can be frustrating. Are you investing enough? Are your marketing dollars being applied in the most efficient way? How do you know if what you’re doing is working? Lou Covey, principal of Footwasher Media Agency, has decades of experience helping clients hit that marketing budget “sweet spot.” In this Agency Perspective […]
- 5 non-traditional skills to look for in a PPC account manager
Aug 24, 2017 by Todd Saunders
- Proof that no ranking boost for responsive sites exists in 2017
Aug 24, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
There are many good reasons to recommend responsive design to a client or to your company, but achieving better search results isn’t among them, argues columnist Bryson Meunier.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Meet today’s CMO: Multisport athlete
- Demand gen tunnel vision: Why your company probably needs to invest in branding
- Facebook culls 17 types of posts that Pages can no longer boost as ads
- Report: More than 50% of digital media time now spent within five mobile apps
- How to use APIs to increase offline conversions
- Snapchat lets advertisers control the types of content their ads appear next to
- Narrativ marries affiliate links with real-time auctions
- WorkSpan launches a platform for joint marketing campaigns
- 5 steps to grow your app user base, lifted from the Uber playbook
- Retailers: The high cost of holiday packages going undelivered
- 2017’s holiday e-commerce sales projected to grow 10% over last year’s holiday season
Search News From Around The Web:
- How Google Predicts Autocomplete Query Suggestions is Updated, Go Fish Digital
- SearchResearch Challenge (8/23/17): How can we find place names even after they’ve changed?, SearchReSearch
- 11 announcements from Google for Indonesia, Google Blog
- How to Optimize for Google’s Featured Snippets to Build More Traffic, Moz
- Introducing Our New International Webmaster Blogs!, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
- 16 Crucial SEO Steps to Take When Migrating your Website, SEM Rush
- Browser Type and Its Impact Google Search Rankings, The SEM Post
- Google On Speeding Up Data Delay In Google Search Console Reports, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Blocking Images From Google Doesn’t Impact Core Web Search Rankings, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Identify & Eliminate Keyword Cannibalization to Boost Your SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Ranking your local business part V: Citations for local search, Yoast
- SEO Pagination Issues for eccomerce & how to solve it, Hallam Internet
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords API v201609 sunset reminder, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Bridging the Gap Between Paid Search and Paid Social Ads, metrictheory.com
- Google AdWords Searches Card On Campaign Overview, Search Engine Roundtable
- Target Outranking Share Bidding Strategy Success, PPC Hero
- Top 20 Diseases By Paid Search Advertising Spending, AdGooroo
- A Four-Step Guide on Keyword Mapping to Improve Your SEO (and Content) Strategy, SEM Rush
- Create Ranking Content by Conquering Competitive Keywords, Online Marketing Blog