Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google AMP, knowledge graph & auto ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google adds share feature to Knowledge Graph panel
Mar 30, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google now lets you share a Knowledge Graph panel on social via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and more.
- Google AMP results carousel live in 12 countries
Mar 30, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
The Google AMP news carousel is only live in Brazil, Germany, Spain, France, the UK, India, Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, Japan, Russia and the US.
- Google launches its giant mobile search ads for automakers in the US
Mar 30, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Ads for nearby dealers are also now available in mobile search in the US.
- International PPC: How to deal with currency fluctuations
Mar 30, 2016 by Daniel Gilbert
If you run paid search campaigns in multiple countries, you’ll need a good way to keep track of currency exchange rates. Columnist Daniel Gilbert has created a spreadsheet (and some code) to do this for you.
- A century of celebrating Mom: smart ad strategies for the mother of all holidays
Mar 30, 2016 by John Cosley
Want to make the most of your paid search campaigns this Mother’s Day? Columnist John Cosley of Bing Ads shares Mother’s Day insights for digital marketers.
- How to achieve top app store search rankings
Mar 29, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Improving search ranking within app stores has become critical to an app’s success. Marketers are increasingly focused on various elements of app submission and marketing techniques to help achieve higher ranking in an app store’s search results. This white paper from NativeX addresses the various free and paid solutions available to better understand the scope […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Snapchat is testing ads that contain advertorials like listicles
- Salesforce survey: Customer satisfaction is more important to marketers than revenue or customer acquisition
- The real impact of Google’s new paid search ad layout on organic search
- Manual link building’s 7 worst outreach offenses
- Twitter simplifies conversion tracking & audience segmentation with universal tag
- What Amazon understands about offline retail
- 3 ways to use the “familiarity bias” for maximum B2B engagement
- Conversation as the new UI: Microsoft makes its chatbot pitch at Build 2016
- Image-driven mobile ads for automakers now available on Google in the US
- The comprehensive guide to video advertising in 2016
- How GE uses live video to tell stories & humanize the industrial side of the brand
- Fullscreen’s subscription video service will be ad-free but not brand-free
- OTT television joins the world of user profiles in Tru Optik/Experian partnership
- 3 keys to architecting customer experiences that go beyond the desktop
- We’re reaching the tipping point in mobile commerce
- MarTech Today: Free mobile BI, Facebook Messenger’s mobile wallet & Lotame’s Smart TV Audiences
- Learn how to optimize your martech stack with “The Enterprise Guide to Marketing Technology”
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google’s Pichai Was Paid $100.5 Million in 1st Year at Helm, Bloomberg
- Yahoo Ad Reps Leaving Advertisers With No Warnings, Search Engine Roundtable
Local & Maps
- Street View Trekker visits Thailand, Google Earth Blog
- Search Challenge (3/30/16): Body modifications?, SearchReSearch
- Using Google Alerts to Find New Affiliate Programs in Your Niche, sugarrae.com
- 3 Non-Linear Ways to Improve Your E-Commerce SEO, semrush.com
- Does Google Use Image Title Attributes For Ranking?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Today: launch of our Yoast SEO for WordPress training, Yoast
- What You Should Know About Accessibility + SEO, Part I: An Intro, Moz
- WordPress or Squarespace: Which CMS is Better for SEO?, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- A beginner’s guide to managing AdWords (with cheat sheet) – Part 1, White.net
- AdWords self-optimizing accounts demystified, State of Digital
- How To Test & Optimize PPC Ad Campaigns (Part Two), Search Engine People
- The Tale Of 2 Landing Pages: An Ecomm Fable, PPC Hero