SearchCap: Google APIs, global SEO & public relations
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google updates the Google My Business API to version 3.0
May 6, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
The new Google My Business API brings additional functionality to help those who manage locations at scale. This is version 3.0, which comes 6 months after the last update.
- 5 reasons to keep doing mobile SEO even though ads are everywhere
May 6, 2016 by Bryson Meunier
Sure, paid search on mobile has grown. But if you’re thinking of cutting your organic search budget for mobile, columnist Bryson Meunier urges you to reconsider and focus on increasing your overall traffic.
- 5 ways SEO and PR should be working together
May 6, 2016 by Erin Everhart
When it comes to digital marketing, SEO and PR go together like peanut butter and jelly. Columnist Erin Everhart explains how these two teams can combine forces to benefit each other and the business as a whole.
- Global SEO: A huge opportunity + 5 tips for success
May 6, 2016 by Christian Sculthorp
According to columnist Christian Sculthorp, you may be missing out on a 6-billion-person market. Have you thought about going global with your SEO?
- Search in Pics: Karl Urban I’m not an SEO, make SEO great again hat & Google wine club
May 6, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Google wine club: Source: Twitter Make SEO great again hat: Source: Twitter Karl Urban in Star […]
- Sigmund Freud Google Doodle celebrates father of psychoanalysis’ 160th birthday
May 6, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Designed by doodler Kevin Laughlin, today’s Freudian doodle depicts the deep dark sea of the unconscious.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Three golden rules for forecasting
- The #1 way advertising budgets will change this year
- YouTube announces Google Preferred Breakout Videos ad package at #Brandcast
- Yelp reports Q1 revenues of $159 million, 269 percent ROI for advertisers
- Act-On adds Account-Based Marketing
- Enough analysis, already! 8 tips for avoiding data fatigue
- YouTube brings Sesame Street’s Big Bird & the NBA Commissioner on stage at #Brandcast
- MarTech Today: Adblock Plus’ content payment partnership, next gen virtual assistant Viv & Google’s penalties for mobile redirects
- Twitter wants to be better at searches for Vines, Periscopes and GIFs
- Report: Engagement with branded content on mobile 63% higher vs. PC
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Controlling maps in the days of satellite imaging, Google Earth Blog
- Google: I’m Angry News Sites Don’t Link Out, It’s Stupid, Search Engine Roundtable
- Use target="_blank", build links to money pages, Branded3
- Google Prioritizes Links in Partial Sitemaps for Crawling, thesempost.com
- Google Working on Merging www and non-www Properties in Search Console, thesempost.com
- Google: Most Algorithm Updates Go Unnoticed By Webmasters, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords Automated Rules! How-To-Guide For Optimizing Day-Of-Week Budgets, aimClear Blog
- Shopping Confession: Custom Labels Are Overrated, PPC Hero
- A Step-by-Step Process for Discovering and Prioritizing the Best Keywords – Whiteboard Friday, Moz
- Video: Google Penalizes, SEO, AdWords Editor & More, Search Engine Roundtable