Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google EU offer, SEO mistakes & YouTube ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google proposes a new version of ‘rival links’ to remedy shopping search antitrust violation
Sep 18, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Submission appears similar to its earlier, unsuccessful settlement proposal.
- Keys to Driving Webinar Registration and Attendance
Sep 18, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you getting enough people to register and attend your webinars? A webinar is one of the best tools marketers have to generate leads and drive pipeline. As webinars become a bigger part of our demand generation strategy, it is more important than ever to master the science of building your webinar audience. Join ON24 VP […]
- The YouTube Ads perk you didn’t know existed
Sep 18, 2017 by Todd Saunders
Have you heard of YouTube Director Onsite? Columnist Todd Saunders walks you through this relatively new service offering from Google, which provides a low-cost way for businesses to get started with video advertising.
- 5 easy-to-miss SEO mistakes blogs make
Sep 18, 2017 by Kristopher Jones
Is your content great, but not ranking? Columnist Kristopher Jones shares some of the more common SEO errors bloggers and content marketers make.
- Samuel Johnson Google doodle honors author behind ‘The Dictionary of the English Language’
Sep 18, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Johnson spent nine years compiling his dictionary before it was published in 1755.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Competitive analysis: Making your auction insights work for you
- Are you ready to evolve beyond marketing automation in the next era of B2B marketing?
- 2017 Email Marketing Industry Report: What’s driving today’s marketers?
- Why the C-suite loves loyalty
- To mobile consumers, impatience is a virtue: How the on-demand economy is reshaping micro-moments
- For Staples, it’s no longer just about office supplies
- Thunder boosts personalization and performance following Adacus acquisition
- Gab.ai sues Google after removal from Play store for hate-speech violations
- Facebook yanks education, employment, field of study and job title targeting after advertiser selects ‘Jew hater’ and ‘NaziParty’
- Amazon vs. search: Why you shouldn’t put too many eggs in one shopping basket
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu Appoints Herman Yu as Chief Financial Officer, Business Insider
Local & Maps
- Waze and Spotify integration arrives on iOS, TechCrunch
- What Is a Bing Business Bot and How Does Your Small Business Get One?, smallbiztrends.com
- Google Penguin Fine Tuned After Real Time Launch, The SEM Post
- Still No Plans for a Google Penguin 5.0 Update, The SEM Post
- What Are the Most Frequently Disavowed Domains, URLs, IPs, ccTLDs? DisavowFiles.com Data, BruceClay.com
- A Google Search Algorithm Update On September 16th, Search Engine Roundtable
- Adapting SEO workflows to suit the mobile-first index, Impression.co.uk
- Copy: Decoding the Google Answer Box Algorithm – a SERP Research on 10.353 Keywords, cognitiveseo.com
- Google Says Search Algorithm Monitoring Tools Get It Right, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says There Is No Top Three Search Ranking Signals, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Optimize Your eCommerce Site for Search Engines, SEM Rush
- Most Google Algo Changes Not Actionable by SEOs, The SEM Post
SEM / Paid Search
- Attribution: Are you measuring PPC non-brand conversions wrong?, Vertical Leap
- PPC Do’s and Don’ts #semrushchat, SEM Rush
- Transitioning To A PPC Account Manager, PPC Hero
- Facebook (FB) and Google (GOOG) can’t rely on algorithms to stop advertisers from targeting racists, Quartz
- Should I Invest In a Pay-For-Traffic Model?, Stoney deGeyter