SearchCap: Google link tool bug, Search Engine Land awards & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Search Console reporting glitch shows no links for some webmasters
Aug 11, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
No need to panic — the link report in the Google Search Console seems to have a few kinks that Google is working out.
- The 2016 Search Engine Land Awards finalists are…
Aug 11, 2016 by Search Engine Land
With nearly 200 entries in the second annual Landy Awards presented by Search Engine Land, this year’s competition was filled with incredible efforts by search marketers across the globe. We are thrilled to announce this year’s short list of finalists…
- The 4 daily habits of the most successful SEOs
Aug 11, 2016 by John E Lincoln
Want to be great at search engine optimization? Columnist John Lincoln believes that this requires more than just deep SEO knowledge — it’s about building good habits, too.
- Why links are still the core authority signal in Google’s algorithm
Aug 11, 2016 by Jayson DeMers
Link metrics have been the foundation of Google’s ranking algorithm since the beginning, but could anything ever surpass links as a ranking signal? Columnist Jayson DeMers speculates.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Will Twitter address its harassment issue?
- Pinterest adds impression-based buys to its ad auction
- Adblock Plus says it has already beaten Facebook’s ad block blocking tactics
- How long has it been since Facebook changed its news feed algorithm?
- Russia fines Google nearly $7MM for ‘anticompetitive’ app pre-install rules
- A CMO’s View: How IHOP keeps winning the love & affection of its 3.5M Facebook fans
- Facebook’s changing the news feed again to make it more “informative”
- SEO and the CMO: Communication and board room metrics that matter
- Why agencies need to learn from the past and evolve
- Xperiel announces cloud-based platform so marketers can build apps for the Internet of Things
- Instagram’s direct-response ads haven’t totally clicked with advertisers
- Visa’s story: When digital transformation begs for organizational change
- How to make your email marketing engaging to millennials
- MarTech Today: New AdWords interface, Google remarketing lists & more
- FTC slams 1-800-Contacts’ reciprocal PPC bidding agreements with 14 competitors
Search News From Around The Web:
- Ranking the Best Search Engine Rap Battles, Direct Online Marketing
Local & Maps
- Google My Business Old Business Hour Format Is No Longer Supported, Search Engine Roundtable
- Rio 3D imagery and Google Earth’s elevation data, Google Earth Blog
- How to Conduct a Simple Backlink Audit (and Save Your Site from a Google Penalty), semrush.com
- The pinnacle of SEO and PR working together to get those editorial links, Majestic Blog
- More than you might want to know about "barren zones" around bushes (update with additional images), SearchReSearch
- You Can Now Opt To Remove Trending Searches In The Google Search App, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Is Investigating The Techmeme False Positive Warnings In Search Console, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says No Problem With Downloadable PDFs That Match Your Web Content, Search Engine Roundtable
- Rich Snippets for Stupid People, and, err…you, receptional.com
- Understanding the Impact of Artificial Intelligence on SEO, Online Marketing Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- PPC Brand Bidding for Account Success, Metric Theory
New on Search Engine Land