SearchCap: Google Location Setting, Save Google Images & Thanksgiving Search Spend
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Drops Change Location Search Filter From Search Results
Dec 1, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google seems to have dropped yet another search tool/filter, this one for location settings.
- Search Spend Rose 20 Percent On Thanksgiving, Flat On Black Friday From A Year Ago
Dec 1, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Mobile drove over half of paid search clicks on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Google Image Search Lets You Save Images For Later With Stars
Nov 30, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google brings back starring for saving image search results to your photo collections.
- [Reminder] Live Webcast – Search And The Local-Mobile Consumer
Dec 1, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
Search must be an integral part of a strong media strategy, but it isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. Local consumers now use mobile technology more, which affects how marketers engage with – and convert – the local shopper. On Thursday, December 3, hear from BIA/Kelsey’s Abid Chaudhry and YP’s Luke Edson about how national brands can […]
- Don’t Blame The Google Algorithm For Search Traffic Declines
Dec 1, 2015 by Winston Burton
Wondering why your site is experiencing a drop in performance? Columnist Winston Burton explores what to check before assuming it’s the result of an algorithm update.
- The Outreacher: Building Links With Social Skills & Science
Dec 1, 2015 by Garrett French
What does an enterprise link-building team look like? In his final piece in a five-part series on the topic, columnist Garrett French describes the Outreacher.
- Optimizing For Mobile Search In 2016: A Continuous Process
Dec 1, 2015 by Jim Yu
Mobile is continuing to grow, so how can you win in mobile search this coming year? Columnist Jim Yu has some advice.
- Click-to-Call & Paid Search: Best Practices And Secrets From The Pros
Dec 1, 2015 by Sponsored Content: Marchex
Research from Google has shown that the most common response to a mobile local search is a phone call. Advertisers have caught on, widely adopting click-to-call ad units in Google and Bing. In fact, consumers are expected to click to call directly from paid search ads to the tune of $4 billion in advertising spend […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Organically Grown Email Lists – The Inside Track For Agencies
- Cyber Monday Online Sales Top $3 Billion For Another Record-Setting Year
- Flash Fades Further As Adobe Renames Its “Flash Professional” Animation Tool
- Google’s Chrome Android App Loads Pages Without Images When Low Bandwidth Detected
- YouTube Opens Voting For 2015’s Most Iconic Ads With Launch Of #TheYouTubeAd Of 2015 Contest
- Brands, Take Back Control Of Your Data
- The Big Social Tools Roundup From SocialPro
- My Top 5 Favorite Apology Emails
- 3 Steps To Display Advertising Success
- MarTech Today: 3 Google Patents, UX > Discounts & HTTP/2
- App Discovery Platform IronSource Launches “Fastest Growing Apps” Tool
- Millennials’ Growing Distrust Of Plastic Cards Pave Way For Digital Payments
- Could Google’s New Star Feature For Images Challenge Pinterest?
Search News From Around The Web:
- It’s Here! The MozCon Local 2016 Agenda, Moz
- Google’s Illyes: I’d Marry The Google Algorithm If I Could., Search Engine Roundtable
- Catch these ‘must have’ links with Majestic, Majestic Blog
- Google: Disavowed Links Show In Google Search Console Link Report, Search Engine Roundtable
- Answer (Part 2): How can you search all the coasts?, SearchReSearch
- Everything you NEED to know about RankBrain, theupperranks.com
- Google Manual Actions on a Subdomain Don’t Affect Rest of the Site, thesempost.com
- Image Hijacking in Google Image Search: How it works and how to protect, Forecheck
- The Reason SEO Is So Squirrely, business2community.com
- Yoast SEO 3.0 release: a recap, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- 4 Different Caps PPC Allows You To Wear, PPC Hero
- 5 More Excel Tips To Get You Through Your Workday, PPC Hero