Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google merchant feed, Getty Images EU complaint & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google adds Merchant Center Feed Rules to make formatting shopping feeds easier
Apr 27, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A self-service tool to fix errors, add custom labels and more right in Merchant Center.
- Searching for searchers: Audiences are the new keywords
Apr 27, 2016 by Christi Olson
As we continue to shift towards audience-centric marketing, columnist Christi Olson of Bing notes that we can create more effective remarketing campaigns by asking the right questions about our searchers.
- Copyright bully Getty Images complains to EU that Google coerced it into image search
Apr 27, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company says high-res image search results have harmed traffic and revenues.
- Trend observation: branded PPC ads getting more expensive
Apr 27, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Have you noticed your brand CPCs increasingly lately? It’s not just you. Columnist Thomas Stern shares data which suggest that branded terms have become more expensive since Google’s recent SERP changes.
- Sharpen your SEO, SEM and social media marketing skills with a SMX Advanced workshop
Apr 27, 2016 by Search Engine Land
SMX Advanced offers you several digital marketing “master class” workshops to sharpen your skills on specific search marketing topics. Register for a pre-conference workshop today and get a full day of in-depth learnings in SEO, PPC, international search, in-house search or local search — all taught by real-life search marketing ninjas! This year’s topics include: SEO […]
- How to succeed with pay-per-call marketing in a mobile-first world
Apr 27, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In today’s mobile‐first world, marketers must adopt new advertising and optimization strategies to unleash the full power of pay-per-call marketing. This white paper from DialogTech will help advertisers, publishers and networks new to pay-per-call get started, and those already doing it improve current pay-per-call campaigns. Visit Digital Marketing Depot to download “Pay-Per-Call Marketing in a […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Musical chairs: where do beacons fit in the retail sensor landscape?
- 4 key Facebook trends e-commerce advertisers need to know in 2016
- Oracle’s Marketing Cloud adds account-based marketing and boosts AddThis interest targeting
- From the Editor’s Desk: Why we’re becoming believers in Facebook Live
- 14 times Facebook has tried to be Snapchat
- About.com takes new direction with launch of standalone health website Verywell.com
- How to win on Amazon: Tips for successful keyword strategies
- WebmasterRadio.FM acquired by Cranberry & relaunches as Cranberry.FM
- Hit more content marketing home runs with these 4 lessons from 300+ campaigns
- MarTech Today: Thunder’s cross-channel creative tools, Adobe’s newest Sign & calculating internal PageRank
- Twitter misses revenue estimates as brand advertising biz weakens
- Apple posts revenue miss of $50.6 billion but sells more iPhones than expected
- Predictive lead scorer 6sense launches SearchSense to reveal which companies are conducting specific B2B searches
Search News From Around The Web:
- A breach in the encryption mechanism of the DuckDuckGo search engine enables an identification of users’ queries., vpnMentor
- Preventing a Potential Leak in Encrypted Autocomplete, DuckDuckGo Blog
Local & Maps
- Sydney Opera House sets sail on Street View, Google Lat Long
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Links at #BrightonSEO , linkresearchtools.com
- Google Testing Light Blue Links In Search Results, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Challenge (4/27/16): What are those smoke plumes?, SearchReSearch
- Google Says Community Through Comments Help A Lot With Ranking, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Best Practices for 301s in Large Htaccess Files, thesempost.com
- Google: Best To Keep Redirects Indefinitely But You Can Remove Them After Google Indexes Them, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why Blog Comments Are Great for Google SEO, thesempost.com
- Why CTR Is(n’t) a Ranking Factor, Stone Temple
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Callout And Review Extensions, PPC Hero