SearchCap: Google Mobile Algorithm Live, Bing Image Search Explained & Emojis
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: IAB: Search Was 50% Of US Digital Ad Spend In 2014, Desktop Still Bigger Than Mobile Search was $24.6 billion of digital ad spend last year. Desktop outpaced mobile search spend […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- IAB: Search Was 50% Of US Digital Ad Spend In 2014, Desktop Still Bigger Than Mobile
Search was $24.6 billion of digital ad spend last year. Desktop outpaced mobile search spend nearly 4-to-1.
- Using PPC Marketing to Make Content Go Viral: Here’s How It Works
Still spending hours upon hours pitching journalists and influencers the old fashioned way? Stop! Columnist Larry Kim outlines a better way to get your content out there using PPC.
- Did Google Really Start Rolling Out The Mobile Friendly Algorithm Yesterday?
Has Google really rolled out the mobile friendly update? As of now, very few signs say so but it might have just started about an hour ago.
- Bing Shares How Image Search Algorithm Works; Says 59% Of Web Images Have Duplicates
Want to understand how Bing ranks and shows data on images within Bing Image search?
- Google Now Shows Emoji Characters On Desktop Results But Doesn’t Let You Search By Them Like Bing
Google’s desktop search results can be jazzed up with Emoji characters, at least for now.
- Local SEO: How To Rank Your Local Business
Columnist Matthew Barby shares this handy primer on local search engine optimization.
- Earth Day Quiz: Google’s 2015 Earth Day Logo Answers The Question “Which Animal Are You?”
Today’s Google Doodle serves up a search results page with an animal-themed personality quiz from EarthDay.org.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook Narrowly Beats Earning Expectations, Falls Slighty Short On Revenue
- Google Fi, Google’s New Cellphone / Wireless Service, Has Launched
- Demographics Pro Launches “Influence Search” To Identify Optimal Influencers
- US Digital Ad Spend Hits New $49.5 Billion High In 2014; Mobile & Social See Greatest Growth
- How Intent Data Leads To Better, More Personalized Marketing
- Back to Basics: What Content Marketers Need to Know About Google Analytics
- Yahoo Q1 2015 Earnings Report: Revenue Up 8% With Mobile Seeing A 61% YoY Increase
- WordPress Releases Version 4.1.2, Calls It A “Critical Security Release”
- Facebook’s Latest Tweaks Favor Friends, Could Hurt Page Reach
Search News From Around The Web:
- Export Custom Maps, Helpouts and More, Google Operating System
- Google and Comcast lobbying spending soars in first quarter of 2015, The Guardian
- Moz’s 2014 Annual Report, Moz
Local & Maps
- Celebrate Earth Day with Bing Maps, Bing Maps Blog
- Google Cautions Against Local SEO Scams, Local University
- You can now visit Gallipoli’s historic sites online, Official Google Australia Blog
- Will Google, Bing and Yahoo ever let SEO die?, linkresearchtools.com
- Answer: Who are these mythic characters…, SearchReSearch
- Does This Look Right To You?, Builtvisible
- Google Voice Search History Missing Audio Play Back, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Mobilepocalypse Update, SEO Book
- Google To Bring Search Query Data To Webmaster Tools API Soon, Search Engine Roundtable
- Holistic SEO • Our approach to website optimization, Yoast
- Looking for NASCAR? Bing’s got you covered., Bing Search Blog
- SEOs, Guns and Religion, SEMrush Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Basic Google Shopping Optimization Tips, Metric Theory
- How Relevant is Relevant? | Does Google Live Up to its Philosophy For PPC?, Distilled
- New Yandex PPC feature: Autoexpand tool in Yandex.Direct, russiansearchtips.com
- Google’s New Keyword Competitor Tools and SEMrush, SEMrush Blog