SearchCap: Google Now on Tap, estimated numbers & bids
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: Google expands Now on Tap to translate app screens, discover button & barcode scanningJul 6, 2016 by Barry Schwartz Google Now on Tap has added three new features for Android devices. […]
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google expands Now on Tap to translate app screens, discover button & barcode scanning
Jul 6, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google Now on Tap has added three new features for Android devices.
- Google test removes the estimated number of search results
Jul 6, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google is now testing dropping the estimated number of results from the top of the search results.
- What Advanced SEOs Should Know From The Google Raters Guidelines (SMX Advanced Recap)
Jul 6, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
During this SMX Advanced session, panelists discussed what SEOs need to know about Google’s Search Quality Rating Guidelines, created for the human beings who double-check that the Google algorithm is performing as designed. Columnist Joy Hawkins recaps.
- Do you really know how much you’re bidding?
Jul 6, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys shares a handy AdWords script that generates a spreadsheet of your base bids with the actual min and max possible values based on your various bid modifiers.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 13 link opportunities to pursue now
- Do keyword rankings even matter anymore?
- Snapchat’s Memories opens Stories to pre-produced photos, videos
- “First automated trend forecasting platform” predicted the Rainbow Bagel
- Angie’s List is now free: What this change means for your business
- 4 digital marketing tactics for local reach
- “I love advertising,” said no one ever
- The conventional wisdom on ad blocking is missing one key statistic
- SMX Advanced recap: Lies, Damn Lies, and Marketing Statistics
- MarTech Today: Product orders via Echo, trust in the programmatic world & eBay goes AMP
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google buys France-based Moodstocks, which makes image recognition tech for smartphones, TechCrunch
- Supreme Court slams Google, Yahoo and Microsoft for sex selection kit ads, The Economic Times
Local & Maps
- No, Google Maps did not find a sunken plane in Tampa Bay, FOX 13 Tampa Bay
- Shame on Elizabeth Warren (and Yelp), Mike Blumenthal
- Super Retailers Face Super Location Data Problems, Street Fight
- Answer: Finding out what hats, badges, and patterns mean…, SearchReSearch
- Bing Testing Rating Percentages in Search Results, thesempost.com
- SearchResearch Challenge (7/6/16): Where’s the ship in the pic?, SearchReSearch
- Google Confirms Breaking Head Section Can Make Hreflang Unrecognizable To Google, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s John Mueller: Pages Dependent On Hashtags Tend To Not Work With Search Engines, Search Engine Roundtable
- July 2016 Google Webmaster Report: Google Updates, Authorship, RankBrain, Panda & Keyword TLDs, Search Engine Roundtable
- Most Basic SEO Advice From Google: One URL = One Piece Of Content, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- How DKI Helped Increase Impression Share By 36%, PPC Hero
- How To Get the Most Out of AdWords Expanded Text Ads, KoMarketing
- Support for v201605 reports in AdWords Scripts, Google Ads Developer Blog
- Why to Use UTM Parameters With Your PPC Campaigns, marketing-mojo.com
- A 9-Part Client Management Manifesto Your Agency Should Steal, Moz
- Crafting the perfect shop category page, Yoast
New on Search Engine Land