SearchCap: Google payday loans, Google Maps edits & more
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google’s ban on payday & high-interest loan ads going into effect now
Jul 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
After a week’s delay, the ban on predatory lending ads for AdWords advertisers is beginning to roll out.
- Google Maps adds more ways to add or edit locations
Jul 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google Maps now lets users add, change, supplement and check the details for venues listed on Google Maps in a new way.
- 3 signs your landing page copy is leaving your visitors high and dry
Jul 21, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Are your PPC landing pages failing to convert, despite getting great traffic? Columnist Khalid Saleh explains why your landing page copy might be to blame — and how you can fix it.
- Three of the most important data segmentations for any Google paid search analysis
Jul 21, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Wondering how to make sense of your AdWords accounts? Columnist Andy Taylor discusses how to segment your paid search data for meaningful insights.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- New insights on the customer decision journey
- Why mix-and-match marketing is the way forward
- Is your online marketing agency relationship worth saving?
- 9 new and semi-secret Facebook targeting options
- Visible Measures launches tool to forecast future video trends
- How to manage your ad partners in regulated industries: Finance (part 2 of 5)
- 5 reasons your Facebook Ads aren’t working
- MarTech Today: Imperson’s chatbot platform, DialogTech’s automatic categorization of phone calls & a machine learning experiment on Google rankings
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Local Knowledge Box Links To Empty SinglePlatform Page, Search Engine Roundtable
- Watching sand dunes move with Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Google Launching Speed Test Feature In Search Results?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Architecting a Unicorn: SEO & IA at Envato (A Podcast by True North), Moz
- Google Mobile SERP Features Tracker, Rank Ranger
- Why your content and SEO strategy need to be joined up, Search Engine Watch
SEM / Paid Search
- 2016 AdWords API Workshops agenda is now available, Google Ads Developer Blog