SearchCap: Google Penguin Delay, Search Channels & Google Map Maker
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google: New Penguin Algorithm Update Not Happening Until Next Year
Dec 3, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Webmasters and SEOs need to have a bit more patience, as Google is not releasing the updated Penguin algorithm this year.
- Are Paid & Organic Distinct Channels? Not So Fast.
Dec 3, 2015 by Andrew Goodman
Search marketing channels are often both data-driven and siloed, but contributor Andrew Goodman notes that clients don’t necessarily see it that way. To improve performance, he says, we must understand the greater picture.
- 5 Major Differences Between Google Map Maker & Google My Business Guidelines
Dec 3, 2015 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist and local search expert Joy Hawkins outlines some differences between two of Google’s local/maps services, discussing which might come in handy based on your situation.
- aimClear’s Psychographic Targeting for Political Advertising Agencies’ WINS
Dec 3, 2015 by Sponsored Content: aimClear
In round 3 of our political social targeting series we look at how psychographic targeting will impact paid social during the ongoing presidential campaign and the thousands of undercard races that are about to launch in 2016. For this edition, we tapped the experience of one of our own: Kevin Watterson, who worked in […]
- Top Searches On Bing In 2015: Caitlyn Jenner, Tom Brady & Paris
Dec 3, 2015 by Amy Gesenhues
Microsoft released this year’s top Bing searches for celebrities, athletes, news stories and a number of other categories.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- AOL Strikes Multi-Service Deal With A+E Networks For Ads And Technology
- Facebook Starts Testing Live Video Streaming For The Masses
- Redefining The Customer Experience
- Last-Minute Holiday Checklist For Online Retailers
- Who Are The Potential Buyers Of Yahoo?
- Google’s Latest App-Install Ad Lets Users Test-Drive Games Before Installing
- Google’s Year Of Change Hits Mobile Retail
- Four Tools To Break You Out Of The Keyword Research Box
- Don’t Blame The Google Algorithm For Search Traffic Declines
- Facebook’s Page Plugin Now Lets Users Chat With Messenger & Subscribe To Events
- Optimizing For Mobile Search In 2016: A Continuous Process
- The Six Biggest Mistakes In Corporate Blogging
- Super-Smart Business Intelligence Engine BeyondCore Partners With Microsoft To Offer a Free Version
- MarTech Today: Possible Yahoo Sale, LinkedIn’s “Voyager” App & Aruba’s Updated Beacon Platform
- Content Discovery Platform Taboola Advances Its Global Plans By Announcing It Is Now The Largest
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Walk the ruins of Peru’s most historic site: Machu Picchu, Google LatLong
- December 2015 Google Webmaster Report: Updates, Guidelines & Apps/Mobile, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using Rel Canonical on All Pages for Duplicate Content Protection, thesempost.com
- Google Testing 4 Top AdWords Ads Above Search Results, thesempost.com
- Tip For Being More Strategic With Your Clients, PPC Hero
- Why You Must Become a 10x Brand, Moz