SearchCap: Google Penguin & disavows, search ad news & Amazon search
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Penguin doesn’t penalize for bad links – or does it?
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
You technically no longer need to use the disavow file to help fix your Google Penguin issues – here is why.
- Google announces slew of search ads and Analytics updates at SMX East
Sep 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New audience targeting solutions, a free version of Optimize 360 and more.
- Report: Amazon grows lead as product search engine of choice
Sep 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
94 percent of consumer-survey respondents said they planned to shop on Amazon this holiday season.
- The four pillars of the future of SEO
Sep 28, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
What does the future of search engine optimization have in store for us? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya looks at recent trends to explain the direction our industry is headed in.
- Bing’s latest search features include a look at the stars, molecule models & virtual Rubik’s Cube
Sep 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Bing has rolled out new educational-themed search results aimed at helping students and teachers.
- How to implement mobile-specific ad copy for AdWords expanded text ads
Sep 28, 2016 by Jason Puckett
If implementing mobile-specific ad creative is vital to your AdWords success, columnist Jason Puckett shows you two ways to do it.
- What you didn’t know about recent Quality Score changes
Sep 28, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Columnist Frederick Vallaeys discusses the impact of some recent AdWords changes on Quality Score and provides an updated version of a free script that calculates account-level Quality Score.
- Google: AMP will override app deep links for the foreseeable future
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Even if your user downloads your app, which has app indexing deployed, Google will show them the AMP page over your app page.
- Drive offline sales with Google
Sep 27, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
There can be no doubt, Google is big. It has grown bigger than desktop computers, bigger than any one device or operating system. Google is now the main storefront for every business. From awareness to consideration to conversion, and finally advocacy — this white paper from MomentFeed shows how large brands can take advantage of […]
- Forrester study: How marketing analytics can boost the bottom line
Sep 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Google recently asked Forrester Consulting to survey 150 marketing, analytics and IT executives about the measurement challenges they face. The results showed that: Only 26% believed that their marketing analytics tools are well-integrated and work seamlessly together. On the other hand, marketers are 39% more likely to see improvement in their overall marketing performance when […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Forrester study: How marketing analytics increases business performance
- Content and SEO: Building linkable content
- How do you deal with local SEO KPIs that don’t pass the smell test?
- Twitter officially opens up Moments to everyone
- Oracle updates its Marketing Cloud
- Google launches free version of Optimize 360, introduces Session Quality Score metric & more
- Developer marketing and the myth of the Rosetta Stone
- How to scale organic local marketing
- Twitter now lets brands advertise only to potential site visitors likely to become customers
- MarTech Today: Salesforce’s Commerce Cloud, Google AMP bug & newest Google My Business API
- Active on Periscope? Become a VIP
- 5 marketing predictions for the next 5 years
Search News From Around The Web:
- New & Cool at Google: AdWords Announcements by Product VP Jerry Dischler, BruceClay.com
- You Ask, We Answer: SEO AMA with Bruce Clay and Duane Forrester, BruceClay.com
- Google Featured Snippets: Analysis, Case Studies & Recommendations, BruceClay.com
Local & Maps
- Sao Paulo joins list of cities with Apple Maps transit directions, appleinsider.com
- Backlink Anchor SEO Research: Hacking to EDU Sites, eTraffic
- Google’s Gary Illyes: Penguin 4.0 Was One Of Our Nicest Launches, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Can the Granular Real Time Penguin Affect Your Website, linkresearchtools.com
- A Neural Network for Machine Translation, at Production Scale, Google Research Blog
- Google thinks ‘Big Penis’ is a suitable read for 8-year-olds, thenextweb.com
- How a Single Piece of Content Increased Our DA by +7 Points [Case Study], Moz
- How to Sell on Amazon (Amazon SEO) Introduction, Ignite Visibility, John Lincoln – YouTube
- The 4 Surprising SEO Factors That Determine Local B2B Success, semrush.com
- What It’s Like to Spend a Summer as an SEO Intern, Merkle
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Improve AdWords Remarketing Performance, PPC Hero
- The State of PPC 2016-2017 is HERE!!!!, PPC Hero