SearchCap: Google Penguin recoveries, voice enabled maps & Landy Awards
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google says Penguin recoveries have started to roll out now
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Have you been waiting two or more years to recover from your Penguin penalty? Google said the recoveries are starting now.
- iProspect, Razorfish, Wolfgang Digital earn multiple wins at 2016 Landy Awards
Sep 29, 2016 by Matt McGee
For iProspect, it’s the second straight year with multiple awards as Search Engine Land again honors the best in search marketing.
- Prepping SEO for 2017: it’s all about the ROI
Sep 29, 2016 by Janet Driscoll Miller
Tracking return on investment from SEO can be tricky, especially since it often assists other marketing channels. But columnist Janet Driscoll Miller lays out a plan for proving organic search’s ROI and securing budget for the next fiscal year.
- The myth of the duplicate content penalty
Sep 29, 2016 by Patrick Stox
There is a lot of confusion surrounding how Google handles duplicate content, but columnist Patrick Stox aims to clear it up once and for all.
- Google Maps app adds “Ok Google” voice command activation for hands free directions
Sep 29, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google improves voice search while using the Google Maps app.
- Ladislao José Biro Google doodle honors the inventor of the ballpoint pen
Sep 29, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
A journalist by trade, Biro received a patent for the ballpoint pen in 1938.
- Apple rolls out Search Ads for the App Store
Sep 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Ads go live October 5 — Apple is offering $100 credit toward the first campaign.
- Updating your SEM toolbox with new, shiny tools –- SMX East 2016
Sep 29, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Ask any PPC professional the secret of their success, and they’ll often point to tools that help them do their jobs better. Columnist Pauline Jakober recaps a session at SMX East where the best of these tools were discussed.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- What’s more important than a B2B buyer’s lead score?
- MarTech Today: Oracle updates Marketing Cloud, Google launches free Optimize 360 & AMP overrides deep links
- Your best users: Where they are and how to find them
- Two new studies look at what kinds of campaigns, mobile ad formats work best
Search News From Around The Web:
- Link Building Stories That Can Save Your Site from Shah Menz, BruceClay.com
- SEO – Leading SEOs Discuss AMP, PWAs, URL Parameters, Featured Snippets, KPIs and More, BruceClay.com
Local & Maps
- Apple brings Maps traffic data to four smaller European countries, appleinsider.com
- Is that a Possum near me?, Yoast
- How to Build Backlinks Using Your Competitors’ Broken Pages, Moz
- Penguin 4.0 Update – The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, semrush.com
- Google Algorithm Update Shakes Up Image Boxes & Rank, Rank Ranger
- Google Says App Indexing Ranking Boost Still Valid Regardless Of AMP, Search Engine Roundtable
- Parts Of Google Penguin 4.0 Rolled Out Prior To Friday, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Key to Succeeding with your Local SEO, Receptional.com
- What Wikipedia Doesn’t Tell You About SEO Techniques, KoMarketing
SEM / Paid Search