SearchCap: Google real time carousel, In Apps search & AdWords sitelinks
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google introduces the ‘search live coverage carousel’ for real-time indexing & search results
Aug 31, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Is this the real time Google indexing API? Google is now piloting the search live coverage carousel which is powered by AMP and Atom.
- Google’s mobile-friendly label has now been removed from the search results
Aug 31, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google officially says goodbye to their mobile-friendly label this morning. The mobile-friendly label no longer shows up in the search results.
- Account-level sitelink extensions coming to AdWords
Aug 31, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The new feature is currently rolling out.
- Billions served: PC search is down but query volume is way up for Google
Aug 31, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Mobile searches now constitute between 50% and 60% of queries in the US market.
- Google launches ‘In Apps,’ a way to find content within apps on Android phones
Aug 30, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Somewhat similar to Apple’s Spotlight, the new feature allows you to search your Android phone for content, as opposed to the web.
- Getting started with webinars
Aug 31, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
This guide from ON24 offers you insights into the steps of putting together a webinar, from identifying your audience through critiquing how your webinar went. Learn how to plan an effective webinar, promote your event, create compelling webinar content and evaluate your success using hard statistics. You also find out what kind of technology platform […]
- Local citations are dead; long live local citations!
Aug 31, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Local citations are often thought to be the bread and butter of local SEO, but are we placing too much importance on them? Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses the results of a study which suggests we might be.
- Why it’s time to re-evaluate your AdWords account structure
Aug 31, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Many changes and new features have rolled out recently in AdWords, and columnist Frederick Vallaeys believes this is the perfect opportunity to review your account structure.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Search competitor analysis: backlinks, keywords and pages
- WooCommerce adds AdRoll integration
- A CMO’s View: Conservation International’s influencer marketing gives nature a familiar voice
- Moving your SEO program beyond discovery
- With pinch-to-zoom, Instagram takes a step towards fixing its photo, video size problem
- Five free Chrome extensions for SEO practitioners
- From the Editor’s Desk: Blab is dead; long live our new podcast!
- Pinterest will target ads to people who click on, save brand-related pins
- The future of email marketing is already here
- How to overcome the hardest parts of curating content for thought leadership
- MarTech Today: All-you-can-eat data deals, Google’s enterprise-level tag management & more
Search News From Around The Web:
- Actionable Recommendations With Aleyda Solis, koozai.com
Local & Maps
- Google Issues Warning to Follow the GMB Guidelines, Imprezzio Marketing
- Sheep View: Where there’s a wool, there’s a way, Google Lat Long
- Siri Takes Charge of Your Apps in iOS 10, Wall Street Journal
- 6 Ways to Make Your Content More Authoritative for SEO, Search Engine Guide
- Google Structured Data Tool Now Supports Schema.org v3.1, Search Engine Roundtable
- Top 5 Simple, Often Ignored Factors that Can Tremendously Impact Your SEO, semrush.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 10 Local Paid Media Marketing Ideas, State of Digital
- 5 Feelings You Need To Stop Letting Impact PPC Management, PPC Hero
- PPC Case Study: How We Cut AdWords Costs by 67% With a Simple Tweak, semrush.com
New on Search Engine Land