SearchCap: Google Reconsideration Requests, Google Answer Links & Bing Ads
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- How The Sharing Economy Will Lead To The Growth Of Online Reviews
Marketing Land’s Amy Gesenhues interviews Keynote Speaker & NYT Best Selling Author Bill Tancer for a preview of insights he will share about online reviews at SMX West in Silicon Valley, March 4, 2015.
- Bing Ads Discusses 3 New Initiatives: Native Ads On MSN.com, Mobile Ad Formats, Remarketing
The company’s foray into native advertising will harness intent signals from Bing Ads.
- Google Answers Now Showing Blue Icons Linking To Publisher Sites Or More Google Answers
Google Answers now shows action links directing to publishers sites. This was done previous for easter eggs and Google’s own content but now it works for third-party publishers.
- Location Based Geo-Targeting Boosts Paid Search Ad Performance…Or Does It?
Columnist Wesley Young discusses the importance of truly local data in search marketing decisions.
- Google Expands Webmaster Documentation Around Reconsideration Requests
Google clarifies and expands on their reconsideration request documentation for those webmasters who have been hit by a Google manual action.
Recent Headlines From MarTech, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 20th Century Fox Gamifies Movie Trailer To Promote ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’
- How Super Bowl Advertisers Lexus, Bud Light, Wix & Loctite Won Mindshare On Google
- February 12 Webcast- 5 Trends in Marketing Resource Allocation that Will Transform Your Agency Pitch
- Watch Out, YouTube: 25% Of Online Super Bowl Ad Views Happened On Facebook
- What’s Inside Consumers’ Inboxes & What That Means For Email Marketing
- Report: iPhone Took Share From Android In All Markets But Japan
- Microsoft’s Bing Ads To Test Native Advertising On MSN.com
- The State Of iPhone In 2015: The Stats Marketers Need To Know
- Apple-Linked Van: Self-Driving Car Or Street View Competitor?
- It’s The Creative, Stupid: 3 Reasons Why Ad Creative Trumps Technology Every Time
- The Easiest Way To Make Your Content Dominate On Social Media
- What Brands Need To Know About Online Reviews: 5 Questions With NYT Bestselling Author Bill Tancer
- 5 Marketing Technology Challenges Every Business Must Solve
- North Face VP Of Global Marketing Now Gets To Lead The Brand He Loved As A Kid
- Revamped Twitter Homepage Offers New Users A Smorgasbord Of Tiled Options
- Twitter Launches Quick Promote, A Shortcut To Promote Tweets
Search News From Around The Web:
- 20 SEO Link Building Tips | 2015, linkresearchtools.com
- Demonstrating Your Value as a Link Builder, Majestic Blog
- Good Link Builders Do This, Leverable
- Search challenge (2/4/15): Who else is in that family tree?, SearchReSearch
- 7 Reasons Google Hates Your Site, The SEM Post
- Create an Influencer Strategy for Social and SEO, ignitevisibility.com
- Google Webmaster Tools: Google Index, Yoast
- Low Effort, Big Return Marketing: Quick Wins for SEO, Builtvisible
- When The Hammer Falls – Analyzing Lyrics in the Google SERPs and Its Impact on Traffic [Case Study], hmtweb.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Dimensional weight support in Google Merchant Center lets you specify more accurate shipping rates, Inside AdWords
- Get engaged with Valentine’s Day in the UK with your Bing Ads PPC campaign, Bing Ads Blog
- Staying Ahead of the PPC Curve, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Where to Focus PPC Performance for Your Business, PPC Hero
- Why It’s Never Been A Better Time To Invest In Search, webpresence.tv
- You Don’t Need to Be a Brand Publisher to Win at Content Marketing, Moz