Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
SearchCap: Google Search Console beta invites, Google attribution & question and answers in maps
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google has invited more beta testers to the new Google Search Console
Sep 7, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Were you invited to try out the new Google Search Console beta? Google just sent out new invites yesterday.
- Google Attribution: Is Google stepping in because no one else would?
Sep 7, 2017 by Andrew Goodman
Advertisers would love to see unbiased attribution measurement that unifies channel reporting and moves beyond the last-click attribution model, but is Google Attribution the answer? Columnist Andrew Goodman discusses the likely impacts of this new product offering.
- 6 things you need to know about Google’s Q&A feature on Google Maps
Sep 7, 2017 by Joy Hawkins
Noticed the new “questions & answers” section in Google Maps app listings? Columnist Joy Hawkins shares her observations about this helpful new feature.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Mobile & desktop SEO: Different results, different content strategies
- How computer vision may impact the future of marketing
- Google reportedly looking at buying HTC’s phone unit, expands Android One program
- Live Chat Best Practices for Conversion Rate Optimization
- A brief history of customer loyalty
- The holy grail of engagement starts with your employees
- Avoid programmatic fraud with these strategic tips
- How Dr. Martens’ VP of digital & e-commerce is using martech to create ‘super-audiences’
- IDC’s Gerry Murray: AI isn’t just one thing
- DemandJump releases Traffic Cloud platform to track origins of your — and your competitors’ — site traffic
- Instagram starts testing Facebook’s app-like Canvas ads within Stories feed
- Google and Sex Traffickers Like Backpage.com, New York Times
- Google Testing People Also Search For On Right Side Bar, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s personalized Feed is now available worldwide, engadget.com
- SearchResearch Challenge (9/6/17): What’s that thing on the ground?, SearchReSearch
- 7 Optimization Strategies to Use on Every Product Page, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Fallacies That Must Die: 2017 Edition, Portent
- 5 Advanced Tips to Ramp Up Your Local SEO Reporting, SEM Rush
- Google Doesn’t Rank Big/Large Sites Better, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Just Because You’re Not Spamming, Doesn’t Mean You Should Rank #1, Search Engine Roundtable
- Not In The Google Cache? Doesn’t Mean Your Pages Are Low Quality, Search Engine Roundtable
- The Complete Guide to Hreflang, Stone Temple
- Visual Search: Looking Beyond Image SEO Marketing, Search Engine Journal
SEM / Paid Search