SearchCap: Google TV, AdWords annual livestream & more
Barry Schwartz on April 21, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Better in-store attribution is here
Apr 21, 2016 by Mona Elesseily
Closing the online-offline attribution gap is difficult, but strides have been made in recent years. Columnist Mona Elesseily discusses some of Google’s innovations in this area and how they might be expanded in the future.
- Google’s annual livestream of AdWords and Analytics news to be held May 24
Apr 21, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New research and product announcements will again largely revolve around mobile.
- Top 9 reasons Google suspends local listings
Apr 21, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Has your business listing in Google been suspended? Not sure what happened? Columnist Joy Hawkins discusses the likely causes and how to address them.
- Call for entries: the 2016 Search Engine Land Awards
Apr 21, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Do you produce award-winning results in search marketing? Enter the 2016 Search Engine Land Awards (aka #TheLandys) to be recognized for your work in SEO and/or SEM today. Entries close June 30, 2016. Awards Ceremony & Gala to be held in New York City on September 28, 2016, in conjunction with @SMX After Dark.
- Google to display TV station listings & times for searches on your favorite shows
Apr 21, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google adds some features to their television search by including live network air times for TV-related queries.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Survey finds most SMB advertisers on Facebook spend less than $50 per month
- Get your mobile apps in shape with these 7 engagement practices
- Katch pulls the plug on its live video sharing & storage platform; will shut down May 4
- Brand bidding & PPC optimization: effective bidding techniques (part 7 of 8)
- US digital ad revenues top $59.6 billion in 2015, up 20 percent to hit another high
- Facebook starts counting time spent when ranking links in people’s feeds
- Automated CRM Signpost ups its game with built-in AI agent
- Google Analytics’ mobile app gets a major upgrade on iOS & Android
- How to ask customers for reviews (and actually get them)
- Google launches DoubleClick Dynamic Ad Insertion to personalize TV ads across devices
- What’s your brand’s story, anyway?
- MarTech Today: AMPing up Google News, InsightPool adds Facebook Topic Data & Piano’s Composer for personalization
- LiveWorld launches first public tool — a high-speed management platform for social conversations
Search News From Around The Web:
- Queen’s Award Winners & Proud, Majestic Blog
- How Long Does Link Building Take to Influence Rankings?, Moz
- How to Earn Links, semrush.com
- Link Building Roundup of the Classics, theupperranks.com
- Microsoft Translator Adds Image Translation to Android, Microsoft Translator Team Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords Income Targeting for Lead-Gen Advertisers, Metric Theory
- Ask and You Shall Receive: The Humanization of Search, Bing Ads Blog
- Do You Need To Be A “Data Nerd” To Be Great At Paid Search?, PPC Hero
- The Perfect Marriage of Art and Science in Storytelling, Bing Ads Blog
- Assessing Russian Keywords: Spelling & Grammar Errors, Russian Search Marketing