SearchCap: Google voting, Google Shopping carousel & Samsung assistant
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- For e-commerce success: SEO > aesthetics
Nov 7, 2016 by Julian Connors
For those in the online retail space, columnist Julian Connors shares his advice for making your e-commerce website SEO-friendly.
- Google to add presidential, senatorial & congressional election results directly in search
Nov 7, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
YouTube will also air live coverage of the elections starting at 7:00 p.m. ET on November 8.
- Why is free money that can be used on local search marketing being left on the table?
Nov 7, 2016 by Wesley Young
Up to $35 billion of co-op funds go unused every year. Wesley Young of the LSA takes a look at trends in the use of co-op funds, challenges and threats arising from digital media and opportunities to make co-op work for you.
- Carousels of Google Shopping ads spotted on YouTube
Nov 7, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Testing an expansion of Shopping Ads on YouTube.
- Holiday optimization tips for remaining competitive in the SERP
Nov 7, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
Columnist Lydia Jorden discusses ways to stay competitive in local search during the holidays, when competition for positioning gets particularly intense.
- Will a Viv-enabled Galaxy S8 help Samsung rehabilitate its brand?
Nov 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Samsung said it will be making more AI acquisitions as it plays catch-up with Google and others.
- Where do I vote? Google posts Election Day reminder doodle 2 days in a row
Nov 7, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The US 2016 Election Day reminder doodle surfaces Google’s voter registration tool that helps searchers find local polling locations.
- [Reminder] Live webcast: It’s Not Too Late! Maximize Your Google Shopping in Time for the Holidays
Nov 7, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Whether you’re a beginner or a paid search pro, it’s not too late to improve your Google Shopping campaigns in time for the holidays. Join us for this November 10 webcast and learn how to optimize for search success with Google Shopping ads. Our expert panel will discuss: how to create “quick wins” in your […]
- Can company structure spawn cannibalization? Most definitely.
Nov 7, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Pi Datametrics
With so many business structure possibilities, it can be particularly complicated to consolidate content across departments, especially if it’s created in isolation. Internal structure can therefore dictate content efficiency, and decentralized structures can, in turn, spawn duplicate, overlapping or conflicting content. What is cannibalization? Cannibalization is a term coined by the digital community to refer […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Successful SEO programs require content that supports the entire buy cycle
- Quiz: Are you ready to adopt Account-Based Marketing?
- Report: Amazon, HBO Now, Live.com only apps common to top app-install platforms
- [Reminder] Live Webcast — It’s not too late! Maximize your Google Shopping in time for the holidays
- Why the email list takes second place to the phone book
- Turning content pages into lead generators
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #34: Google Home vs. Amazon Echo with USA Today’s Jefferson Graham
- Not to be out-Einsteined, Adobe launches its Sensei layer of AI services throughout its clouds
- A great American underdog makes a comeback: CMO transforms Arby’s into a QSR leader
- Study says only 8 percent of shoppers use retailer apps. Should they give up?
- comScore sunsets its Compete PRO service and recommends SimilarWeb to its clients
Search News From Around The Web:
- Answer: Finding interesting uses for emoji/Unicode search?, SearchReSearch
- Clinton vs Trump 2016: SEO and Content Performance in the US Presidential Election Campaig, Searchmetrics SEO Blog
- Google Has Dropped Google Showtimes, Search Engine Roundtable
- Case Study: Spotify.com violates the Google Webmaster Guidelines, sistrix.com
- Google Doesn’t Look At AMP Pages For Search Snippets, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Launches Mobile-First Index Experiment: Here Is Everything We Know About It., Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Domain Registration Length Not An SEO Factor, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google: Says Content Within Tabs & Hidden For User Experience Will Have Full Weight, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Google’s Mobile First Handles Content Behind Tabs & Accordions, thesempost.com
- Mobile-First Unanswered Questions, JLH Marketing
- Not Likely to See Impact of Google’s Mobile First Indexing Test Yet, thesempost.com
- What Are Interstitials, and Are They Hurting Your SEO?, quicksprout.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Competitive, Intelligence Driven Keyword Research for Online Retail, Builtvisible
- Google’s War on Data and the Clickstream Revolution, Moz