SearchCap: Google Wikipedia prank, Google answers & search pictures
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- What do Google and a toddler have in common? Both need to learn good listening skills.
Jun 1, 2018 by Dave Davies
Contributor and patent explorer Dave Davies reviews a recently-presented paper that suggests Google is grouping entities and using their relationships to listen for better answers to multipart questions.
- Google’s reliance on Wikipedia makes it vulnerable to search pranks
Jun 1, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Google said Wikipedia prank caused Republican “Nazism” Knowledge Panel.
- Search in Pics: Rosie the Riveter Android figurine, Google indoor tennis & director chairs
Jun 1, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
In this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Rosie the Riveter Android figurine: Source: Twitter Google director chair: Source: Instagram Wolf serving drinks at […]
- 7 personalization strategies to convert more callers to customers
Jun 1, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital advertising has gone mobile. And when consumers engage with a company’s digital ads and website on their smartphones, they often convert in the most convenient and immediate way: by calling. Thanks to smartphones, the volume of call conversions from digital advertising has exploded. Research predicts that calls to US businesses from mobile search, social […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Facebook ends Trending section & removes all products that integrated with the Trends API
- Dun & Bradstreet’s 2018 ‘B2B Advertising & Marketing Outlook’
- Mary Meeker’s newest Internet Trends report: Clouds keep rebuilding the landscape
- LiveRamp adds outside quality scoring to its third-party data marketplace
- I’m a customer. Please get to know me.
- Digital advertising’s opportunities & threats from Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report
- Have we reached peak smartphone, and what does that mean for marketers?
Search News From Around The Web:
- 10 Ignored SEO Tasks That Can Boost Your Rankings in 2018, SEM Rush
- Bing Testing Local Packs with Image Thumbnails, The SEM Post
- Google Assistant was rigged to fire a gun remotely, CNBC
- Google Search Supports TLS 1.1 & 1.2 Or Higher, Search Engine Roundtable
- Scraping ‘People Also Ask’ boxes for SEO and content research, Builtvisible
- The High Five: Spelling, serves and swishes, Google Blog